Interesting B12 Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting B12 Read

Looks like the Big 12 will have the same amount of teams as the MVC does in the S-16. Had several teams with home field advantage who didn't take care of biz either.

The Big-12 did not fare well in the first round of the NCAA Baseball tournament. Six teams entered the arena, maybe one will still be alive after this evening. Texas A&M will meet Houston this...

I would have liked to seen MSU get an at large instead of all the SEC and B-12 teams.

:wsu_posters:

well, except for ou(them getting a bid was a joke), there were no flies on the other big 12 teams going in...all except ou were worthy...msu just got caught in a shaft job(arkansas as well didn't really deserve it)...

Comment

MSU gets the shaft in basketball too

Comment

Nice to see that was off a KU blog considering we didn't even make the conference tournament. Sigh.

The Big XII had 3 host teams and 3 others traveling and A&M looks to be the only one that will advance.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali
          well, except for ou(them getting a bid was a joke), there were no flies on the other big 12 teams going in...all except ou were worthy...msu just got caught in a shaft job(arkansas as well didn't really deserve it)...

Our RPI was about 20 points higher than Missouri State, our SOS was ranked like 37 and their's was over 100. Plus we beat them 2 of 2.

Comment

You can lay MSU not getting into the tournament at the feet of the weak sisters of the Valley like ISU X 2, EU, etc. The Valley schedule does NOTHING to help good teams' RPI. Something must be done.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
              You can lay MSU not getting into the tournament at the feet of the weak sisters of the Valley like ISU X 2, EU, etc. The Valley schedule does NOTHING to help good teams' RPI. Something must be done.

--'85.
              But won't until conference realignment is completed in a couple years.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock

--'85.
                If the realignment possibilities that have been talked about actually happen, the MVC schedule and RPI situation will be even worse for WSU.

My uninformed $.02. :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
                  Originally posted by DUShock

--'85.
                  If the realignment possibilities that have been talked about actually happen, the MVC schedule and RPI situation will be even worse for WSU.

My uninformed $.02. :whistle:
                  I still vote for WSU playing a Big12 baseball schedule. The suggestions for realignment would make for a worse baseball conference. Either that, or WSU has to get rid of all the gimmes on the schedule and really make it tough during the mid-week.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    I still vote for WSU playing a Big12 baseball schedule.
                    Well, I think most of us would as well, but you know what they say about wishing with both hands out, and which one fills up first. :D

Agreed on the weakened MVC, baseball-wise, if realignment happens. We don't want to be Kansas' version of ORU, which is what would happen should this all go down.

Comment

Working...
                    X