Keys to the game tonight - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys to the game tonight - thoughts?

First, Capra needs to get over this 5 game slump he's in. Second, the left side of the infield has been our weakness all season, they need to play error free ball today and not give extra outs to good teams. Lastly, continue to get the key and clutch hits = runs.

Anything I miss?

You not listening or watching?

Superstition ya know :)

Comment

Play (and cheer) with confidence, not arrogance and focus but not obsession.

Enjoy the experience, remember what it takes to get here and sieze the moment.

Regionals are not won by teams that continue to make multiple errors. Play solid, fundamental baseball and everything else will take care of itself.

One last, very important thing........

KC, finish putting that patio set together. ;-)

Comment

Keys to the game tonight:
        Throw pitches for strikes
        Score more runs then the other team

Comment

Andy 3 of 7 4 RBI 3 run scored.

Ryan 0 for 6 2 sac bunts.

Conor 5 of 8 1 RBI 2 runs scored

Clint 4 of 7 3 RBI 3 runs scored

Dusty 3 of 8 2 RBI 1 run scored

Josh 1 of 7 2 RBI and sac fly

Tyler W. 1 of 8 1 run scored

Tyler H. 4 of 8 1 run scored

Kevin 2 of 6 1 RBI 2 runs scored

More production out of Ryan Jones, Josh Workman, and Tyler Weber.
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Did it rain in Stillwater this morning? Looked like it on radar how much? Any delays possible?
            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

A huge storm moved through the area (with some of the craziest thunder I've ever heard here in wichita. One flash of lightning that was bright enough for me to see through my closed eyes in my dark bedroom and then 5-8 seconds later thunder that lasted a good 20 seconds)

Comment

I would assume, just as they sat on the Oliver info as long as possible so as to mislead Gene and the boys, that getting any weather related game info will be next to impossible for us.

They'll want to leave WSU and their fans in limbo as much as possible.

I am still willing to give them a pass. As I mentioned earlier, the staff there has been very helpful and friendly, but the incidentals are starting to pile up.

Examples: The NCAA mandates the teams stay at different hotels. While not affecting us, 2 teams are staying at the same hotel. The area is not capable of handling a regional, at least not one with a fanbase like ours.

Parking is a nightmare and they are offering little help with traffic management.

We did not get enough tickets for family and friends. Unspeakable.

OSU knew about Oliver on Friday. They sat on it, for the express purpose of misleading whomever they were going to play on Saturday. The NCAA announced it. Bush league.

The sprinklers.

Go get em Shocks!

Comment

WuDrWu, I love ya, but you aren't exactly unbiased when it comes to OSU, now are you, given your background.

I can't speak to the other stuff, but in regards to the Oliver situation, however the situation played out, they were clearly going to be at a disadvantage without their ace. I can hardly begrudge them trying to salvage the situation to some degree by sitting on the information.

If we want to talk about the ideals of competition, then getting to avoid a team's best pitcher (who's ineligibility looks to be on iffy grounds) doesn't meet that standard anymore than withholding the info. It wasn't the ideal of competition, and in the end, we came off the better for it, so I'm not complaining about how OSU handled it.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                    WuDrWu, I love ya, but you aren't exactly unbiased when it comes to OSU, now are you, given your background.

I can't speak to the other stuff, but in regards to the Oliver situation, however the situation played out, they were clearly going to be at a disadvantage without their ace. I can hardly begrudge them trying to salvage the situation to some degree by sitting on the information.

If we want to talk about the ideals of competition, then getting to avoid a team's best pitcher (who's ineligibility looks to be on iffy grounds) doesn't meet that standard anymore than withholding the info. It wasn't the ideal of competition, and in the end, we came off the better for it, so I'm not complaining about how OSU handled it.
                    Does this mean Wudrwu is a gay cowboy?

Dang, I knew it.
                    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

The NCAA could've gotten an extra 4,000 fans a game if they played here. Hell, we're making up half the money this regional is bringing in.

At this point, Doc is right. There's a reason why Stillwater hasn't hosted in 11 years and didn't host for a super last year.. poor athletic facility, softball-like dimensions, inadequate amenities in a town in the middle of nowhere.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

TMH, are you refering to my association with OU? If so I understand your thought process but in actuality that has no effect on how I view OSU.

In fact, while I love the game of football and have been going to OU games for most of my life, I have become more and more disenchanted with the way things are handled down there each and every year. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the school that played us in football in Wichita, home and home in basketball (when no one else would) and for the most part in baseball for the last 15-20 years. I have close friends and family that have both attended and support OSU athletics and to a man, they are among the best people on earth. Every fan base has idiots, including ours, but I do not have a jaded view towards OSU.

I'll admit, my view of them sitting on the Oliver incident may be too harsh.....but combined with the other things I listed, it certainly COULD be construed as a less than ideal situation, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          Play (and cheer) with confidence, not arrogance and focus but not obsession.

Enjoy the experience, remember what it takes to get here and sieze the moment.

Regionals are not won by teams that continue to make multiple errors. Play solid, fundamental baseball and everything else will take care of itself.

One last, very important thing........

KC, finish putting that patio set together. ;-)
                          Oh trust me, I won't be watching or listening. I will check shockernet at the 2 1/2 hour mark to see if we won, but that is it. The Shox are rolling and I take full credit.

Comment

Prediction:

Capra continues to struggle finding the plate. He'll walk a lot of OSU hitters, Gene will keep him in the game too long, and OSU will make him pay by going yard a couple of times with men on base thanks to the walks. OSU will have all the momentum and confidence in the world.

Our team will yet again, make a pitcher with an era over 5 look like a first team all-amercian and we will be held to only a couple of gimme runs.

We will then go into Monday throwing Kelley and OSU has all the momentum and the freshman not having post season experience get's rattled after giving up a couple of bombs and the game will snowball downhill for the Shox and we lose another regional while in the winner's bracket.

All the Shocker fans will be pissed, and then we will start thinking about next season and how it might be the year where the 40+ games won streak will end due to being a huge rebuilding year.

Comment

i'm kind of worried about this next game if it is OSU, capra's hasn't been himself.

he will NEED a curveball, which isn't his forte.

these guys will probably be able to hit his fastball pretty well.
                              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Working...
                              X