Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good little rant

Rant

Remind anyone of certain B12 basketball scheduling???

And the third comment afterward just shows ignorance and the bias of BcS fans. Non BcS schools make for cute stories but don't help the product. What a bunch of BS!

But I do agree that the selection committee has its bias and rewards certain schools/conferences for that reason. Again, just like basketball.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I agree 100%. I have been following SEC teams in the post-season and they usually do worse than most conferences. I have always said if you let 9 MVC teams in two or three would win their regionals and advance just like the SEC teams do. When you have that many in, someone is bound to get hot and win 3 or 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89
        I agree 100%. I have been following SEC teams in the post-season and they usually do worse than most conferences. I have always said if you let 9 MVC teams in two or three would win their regionals and advance just like the SEC teams do. When you have that many in, someone is bound to get hot and win 3 or 4 games.
        uh...no
        THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

uh...yes.

WSU, MSU, and Creighton could easily win regionals if they got hot.

Comment

Of the 9 SEC teams that made the NCAA's..

Two went 0-2: Arkansas, Florida

Four lost their first game and are still alive today at 1-1: Georgia, Vandy, Mississippi, and Kentucky

Two won their first game, but lost their second and are at 1-1 today: Alabama and South Carolina.

And out of those NINE teams, only 1 of the 9 is sitting pretty at 2-0 today: LSU.

It'll be interesting to see how many move on to the Supers..
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If you gave MSU a Regional site and let them play in front of their home crowd, they could easily get smoked 7-0 by Bucknell...

JUST LIKE #4 NATIONAL SEED FLORIDA STATE.

On any given day, the top three MVC teams could fare just as well as anyone. But they almost never get the opportunity because of the bias towards the 9th place SEC team.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                If you gave MSU a Regional site and let them play in front of their home crowd, they could easily get smoked 7-0 by Bucknell...

JUST LIKE #4 NATIONAL SEED FLORIDA STATE.

On any given day, the top three MVC teams could fare just as well as anyone. But they almost never get the opportunity because of the bias towards the 9th place SEC team.
                That is exactly my point. I am not saying the MVC is great, I am saying if you let 9 teams from ANY conference in their odds of advancing two or three teams go WAY up!

Comment

I'm sorry, but if you don't qualify for your conference tourney, then you shouldn't for the NCAAs either.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    I'm sorry, but if you don't qualify for your conference tourney, then you shouldn't for the NCAAs either.
                    Damn BCS entitlement BS!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I've said all year that the SEC is down and that the conference wouldn't do anything in the post-season.

Arkansas had as good of an argument as any other bubble and my guess is that we got rewarded for going on the road and facing Texas A&M, Arizona State, Nebraska and Oral Roberts.

I really wouldn't have complained if we'd been left out though.

Comment

Working...
                      X