interesting read

Comment

From Boyd's World Re: Stillwater Regional:

...........................W-L RPI ISR Probs

Oklahoma State...40-16 13 14 51/27/ 4
      Wichita State.......41-15 25 35 18/ 6/ 0
      Texas Christian....43-17 31 19 28/12/ 1
      Western Kent3.....33-25 79 88 3/ 0/ 0

Here we kind of have the counter to the Ole Miss/UT argument -- the last two weeks do count, in context. With the top three in the Big 12 desperately avoiding winning anything over the last couple of weeks, this was kind of inevitable. TCU deserved better, but the difference in a #2 and a #3 isn't too bad, especially when your #2 is really a #3.
      Looks like Boyd's World considers TCU the real #2 seed and the Shocks the #3 seed, not that it really matters. He only gives the Shocks an 18% chance of winning the regional.

Here is his look at the entire field:

Comment

Gene cracks me up. After reading those quotes you'd think we would have no chance in the world to win this thing. I think he definitely relishes the underdog role.

Comment

After reading TCU's quotes, this game is really concerning me. A warm weather team playing in 30 degree weather probably has a lot to do with their performance. This is going to be a dogfight.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
            Gene cracks me up. After reading those quotes you'd think we would have no chance in the world to win this thing. I think he definitely relishes the underdog role.
            That's the way Gene always sounds. If you listen to him we don't have a chance to win any of the games we play. It's been that way for as long as I can remember, around 28 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
              After reading TCU's quotes, this game is really concerning me. A warm weather team playing in 30 degree weather probably has a lot to do with their performance. This is going to be a dogfight.
              That is true, but Shocks have also heated up along with the weather lately.

IMO everybody plays better when the weather warms up. Baseball really isn't meant to be played in 30 degree weather.

Nevertheless, TCU will be a very tough opponent.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

So, basically we're a No.3 seed according to everybody, including our own coach.

I hope everyone sees how little respect we're getting. Not to say it's not warranted, but I like seeing how this team performs when not given respect.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You always look at the negative side of things; frankly it gets boring. TCU and WSU will play. One team will win. It could be either team. Our comments here won't make the slightest difference in the outcome. In the end, luck and skill will determine the outcome; these teams are very close in ability.

You can relax and let Gene, Brent, Jim and the team do the worrying. Feel free to be optimistic for once in your life.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                    You always look at the negative side of things; frankly it gets boring. TCU and WSU will play. One team will win. It could be either team. Our comments here won't make the slightest difference in the outcome. In the end, luck and skill will determine the outcome; these teams are very close in ability.

You can relax and let Gene, Brent, Jim and the team do the worrying. Feel free to be optimistic for once in your life.
                    Always? Hardly my friend, 80 percent of the time, but not always. No $hit the comments won't make a difference. TCU's comment on playing in cold weather and not playing well was something I didn't take into account. At least we are used to practicing and playing in the cold, TCU isn't and I'm sure it played a factor that series.

If you want negative, I'll you give you negative. We go 1-2 in this regional. We lose a heartbreaker to TCU, win against WKU and then lose again to TCU. How's that for negative.

Comment

If you want negative, I'll you give you negative. We go 1-2 in this regional. We lose a heartbreaker to TCU, win against WKU and then lose again to TCU. How's that for negative.
                      That's actually not negative. That's actually what everyone expects to happen. I'm gonna think the same way and hope for the best, instead of getting really hyped and getting my hopes dashed. 2004 and 2006 have both scarred me for life.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Instead of expecting the worst, and then being pleasantly surprised, why don't you nervous nellies try supporting your team the best way you can and enjoy the ride, win or lose?

I promise the win will feel better and the loss won't hurt as bad.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          Instead of expecting the worst, and then being pleasantly surprised, why don't you nervous nellies try supporting your team the best way you can and enjoy the ride, win or lose?

I promise the win will feel better and the loss won't hurt as bad.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                          Who's nervous? I'm just keeping it real. It just seems like some people on here are counting the TCU game as a win. That Lockwood kid and their closer Ceshner I believe, are going to be a huge problem for us. If they get ahead, we are in serious trouble. We must get to that pitcher early and score often. Rob will do his part I believe, but we have to give him some run support early.

Comment

Ok, take out the nervous part.

I agree that we need a strong start but I don't think there are all that many people expecting a win. I am most certainly not but I am excited about the prospect of watching my team play in the NCAA championship and I will be hoping for the best and enjoying the ride.

No matter who we play, it will take our best effort to be successful.

Comment

I'm fine with this...
                              Code:
                                                    W-L  RPI  ISR   Probs

1. Oklahoma State....40-16  13   14  51/27/ 4
                              2. Texas Christian...43-17  31   19  28/12/ 1
                              3. Wichita State.....41-15  25   35  18/ 6/ 0
                              4. Western Kentucky..33-25  79   88   3/ 0/ 0

Comment

Working...
                              X