WSU history with OSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU history with OSU

For those who want a historical re-cap of WSU's history with OSU, check out Sports Daily's podcast for today, Wednesday. Bob and Bruce gave a pretty detailed account of the early days in the attempt to explain the OSU rivalry.

They talk about the style of play and the team character of the '78 and '79 teams. Pretty interesting.

I'll try to post the link when its available later today.

Sorry, with Bruce and Bob talking about it I will pass.

They are both a couple of pantloads.
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

A good intro:

Comment

Wait a second ... Bruce and Bob went on and on about stuff that happened 20 years ago or more? I don't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
          Sorry, with Bruce and Bob talking about it I will pass.

They are both a couple of pantloads.
          Sorry, Shirley, some of us aren't so old that we really remember the first year or two of the Gene Dynasty. We have to rely on The Pantloads to fill in the memory slots.

Comment

From my perspective and memory (which isn't quite as long as that of the "dynamic duo" referenced above) the entire series has been fun.

Except for the period of time when OSU decided to "take a Holliday" from scheduling us. At that time, one man tried to become bigger than their program....and for the most part, it backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
              Wait a second ... Bruce and Bob went on and on about stuff that happened 20 years ago or more? I don't believe it.
              and it wasnt about the cardinals or the red sox
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I love how Heartl talks as though he played a huge roll in the rivalry. He might as wll have been sitting in the stands with the rest of us wannabe's.
                He who laughs last; thinks the slowest.

Comment

Originally posted by ICT316
                  I love how Heartl talks as though he played a huge roll in the rivalry. He might as wll have been sitting in the stands with the rest of us wannabe's.
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Welcome back Steve.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                      Welcome back Steve.
                      Thanks. Great to be back. How about those Cowley Tigers?
                      He who laughs last; thinks the slowest.

Comment

J's baseball sucked.

Just kidding.

J's >>> every team in baseball history including the 1920 yankees.

Comment

Nice sack of nuts! :good:
                          SFL is back!

Comment

You guys have jinxed the team. All this commentary about the history and rivalry between OSU and WSU.....

If we don't beat TCU first, then there won't be an opportunity to revive the rivalry in a Regional setting. Somehow, I get this feeling TCU is just sitting back licking their chops at a 4th chance to beat us.

If OSU and WSU end up playing for the regional championship, then let the smack talk begin.

Comment

TCU

You're probably right that they're happy to be under the radar, KC.

Still, I'd much rather play a team I've already beaten three times than one to which I've already lost three times. Even if it's a pure coin flip, I have a 50-50 chance, but when my team is already 3-0 against someone, chances are it isn't a coin flip -- it's likely that my team is actually better.

Comment

Working...
                              X