ah, the joy of radio....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah, the joy of radio....

i was coming home from okc today, when i was listening to al eschbach on the sports animal, and they were talking about the osu regional, and his co-host mentioned wsu, and eschbach said, and i paraphrase..'wsu might have been good once but this is not those teams'....

hhhhhmmmmm....he might be right, BUT this could be a good time to recapture...magic!

He is right, but, I sure would like for the Shox to give some payback from the 1999 Wichita Regional. Ahh yes, OK State had to beat us twice at home from the loser's bracket to win the regional. Anyone else remember that fiasco?

Well, they did and ended up going to the CWS after that. I would love for that guy to eat his words and for us to give some payback by going 3-0 in that Tourney. However, I'm afraid we'll just end up doing what we did in the Arkansas and OU Regional, be good enough to make it to the championship game but not good enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
      He is right, but, I sure would like for the Shox to give some payback from the 1999 Wichita Regional. Ahh yes, OK State had to beat us twice at home from the loser's bracket to win the regional. Anyone else remember that fiasco?

Well, they did and ended up going to the CWS after that. I would love for that guy to eat his words and for us to give some payback by going 3-0 in that Tourney. However, I'm afraid we'll just end up doing what we did in the Arkansas and OU Regional, be good enough to make it to the championship game but not good enough to win.
      I think this is a very good team I just don't think we have been a very consistent team. But lets not say we aren't a good team in general. Edit: It may not be fair to say we aren't a good team in general. I don't want to get called an internet sheriff again for telling folks what the can and cant do or say on the net even though I think its clear thats not what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s

I think this is a very good team I just don't think we have been a very consistent team. But lets not say we aren't a good team in general. Edit: It may not be fair to say we aren't a good team in general. I don't want to get called an internet sheriff again for telling folks what the can and cant do or say on the net even though I think its clear thats not what I mean.
        I agree with you in part. This team is not very consistent, but on paper and talent wise, this team is good. Unfortunately, in the Regionals and CWS, no team can be inconsistent, a problem which WSU is quite adept at demonstrating.

Hopefully the team has figured it out. At least they have offensively thus far of late. I would like to see Conor's sub .890 fielding pct as well as Dusty's .930 not be a concern in Stillwater. But alas, I think it will be the consistency in pitching that is going to make or break this team. Capra really needs to get things squared away, and keep your fingers crossed with our relief guys.

Comment

But this isn't the OSU of old either.

We'll see.

Comment

How could anyone that was there forget about that? Huge Huge crowds. The best Regional I ever attended by far. OSU brought in the kid that pitched the first game to finish the second and he got the win. Brutal.

Comment

No matter who WSU threw out to pitch that day, they would consistently get behind, and OSU would knock the ball silly. That was a brutal day. I also remember sitting on the outfield hill and guessing where the ball was, as you couldn't see it until halfway into its descent.

An example of OSU's inconsistency, KSU had a 3-1 record against OSU. (Disclaimer: I follow WSU baseball a lot more closely than my alma mater's team, whose fans' baseball knowledge is embarassing).

Comment

I wonder if this is the same clown I use to hear driving thru OKC back to wichita when I contracted at Lockheed down in Fort Worth. He had a serious conversation with callers about OU football being able to beat the Cinncinatti Bengals and how they were the greatest college football team of all time. K-state proceeded to hand them their azzes in the big 12 championship game (03 I believe). Not sure if this is same guy or not.

Point being he is ignorant to the shockers except for mid week OU and OSU games. Oh and maybe but I doubt it ORU.

Not that the shockers are as good in my opionion as last year or years before but he isn't speaking from first hand knowledge. He is simply speaking.

Fact is that with the weekend rotation going WSU will at least give teams in stillwater a very hard time.

Comment

Funny and ironic smack from the Cowboy base.

WSU has been a MUCH more consistent program since WSU and OSU both were part of "those teams".

Considering this is OSU's first regional hosting since 1997, they might want to save the talk.

Comment

well, in fairness, eschback is a HUGE sooner homer, but i was more taken with his obvious disregard for wsu...he has osu already moving on to the super!

Comment

Al has been on the radio down there for around 30 years. Former OU student who probably still lives in the same apt.. You have to take him for what he is, if you just hear him once a month he will drive you crazy, if you listen to him a full week he will drive you crazy! Even the OU fans get sick of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X