Okie St

Re: No WSU as Host of Regional

Originally posted by SB Shock
    Nothing more to say.

From the Mid-west:

Michigan
    Nebraska
    Okie St
    No real surprise although we are more deserving than Michigan.

Comment

full list

Miami
      North Carolina
      Florida State
      North Carolina State
      Georgia
      LSU
      Michigan
      Nebraska
      Texas A&M
      Oklahoma State
      Rice
      Arizona State
      Stanford
      Cal State Fullerton
      Long Beach State
      Coastal Carolina

Comment

While that is disappointing, can't say it wasn't expected. That is too bad, I was hoping to get out to catch a game.

Comment

It looks like any slim chance we might have had to host was taken away by Michigan.

With an rpi of 36 for Michigan vs. 22 to 24 for WSU (22 -warren nolan, 24- boydsword) I would say Michigan got the nod as the big 10 champ (even though the big 10 really isn't any better in baseball than the Valley).

Michigan also has a woeful 1-4 record against the rpi top 50 (vs. 6-9 for WSU).

Another one that kind of surprised me was Long Beach St. Their rpi had dropped to 26 (boydsworld). They are also literally just a few miles from Fullerton. Those two schools are closer together than many Wichita high schools are.

They put two regionals just a few miles apart. It will be interesting to see if they are hosting as a #1 seed or a #2. seed. And if they are hosting as a 2 seed, why would you put one so close to another regional.? On top of that, Long Beach has never drawn well either. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Actually the Big Ten is ranked below the MVC.

Comment

I was being generous when I said "really not any better". This year the leagues were pretty even throughout most of the season.

The MVC finished slightly better this year -most years the MVC finishes ahead of the big 10 in baseball. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Yes, Michigan was a gift. I would love to be sent there but I have a feeling they will host as a #2 seed.

Comment

I guess the NCAA isn't all money hungry afterall.

When Michigan brings in 2000 fans a game for its regional, the NCAA better not cry about it.

North Carolina State? I still don't see how they host. That's 3 teams in NC hosting a regional... a bunch of garbage.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

5/25 projections. We face ORU in the Nebraska Regional.
                    They have K-Suck and Misery State as the last 10 out.

Comment

I would be happy to see us go to Michigan....not because it's further away than Stillwater or Lincoln. There may be some karma in a potential matchup with Michigan.

That's one of the schools we had to beat on our way to our CWS championship in 1989.

Comment

The most fun I have ever had at a baseball game was at the Arkansas Regional when Moffett hit that 11 inning home run. There was college kids after the game that wanted to beat us up haha.
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
                          I would be happy to see us go to Michigan....not because it's further away than Stillwater or Lincoln. There may be some karma in a potential matchup with Michigan.

That's one of the schools we had to beat on our way to our CWS championship in 1989.

You, my friend, are a wise, wise man.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

So...Michigan hosting as a #2 seed.

It appears that the only reason for it is to expand the game north.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                              So...Michigan hosting as a #2 seed.

It appears that the only reason for it is to expand the game north.
                              And because they couldn't bear not giving a Big 10 team a hosting site. Big conference love at it's best.

Comment

Working...
                              X