WSU and SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU and SIU

Who is pitching for SIU tonight...how do we match up against the dogs?

Shawn Joy, the same guy who shut us out a few weeks ago.

Comment

I would assume Shawn Joy would pitch for them and he shut us out on April 19, 3-0 with a complete game 5 hits and 5 K's. Other than that we beat them 10-0 and 8-3 in that series. He is a tought lefty, so hopefully we are on our game, I would expect a low scoring game tonight.
      THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Oh great...he is the lefty that threw a complete game right?

Comment

Does Hall start tonight in left, or is KWJ back?

Comment

The very next weekend, I think Joy gave up like 9 runs with 1 out in the 1st inning before he got pulled...not like you can't hit the guy.

Comment

Yes, but we struggle against soft throwing lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                The very next weekend, I think Joy gave up like 9 runs with 1 out in the 1st inning before he got pulled...not like you can't hit the guy.

The Topeka kid is a quality pitcher. He is 11-4 in his two years at SIU. He is good more often than he is bad. Generally a three pitches for a strike kind of guy. It will be interesting to see if we can put a good approach together against someone with that capability. We have thrived all season against guys that are primarily struggling to get a second pitch over.

Comment

I think we will need some good production from the right side of the plate in tonight's game vs Joy.

Coleman, McKeever, Weber and whoever the 3rd outfielder will be Williams, Bascue, Hall or Caster.

That 3rd outfielder position may be a tough call for Gene, but I'm guessing he will go either with Kenny Williams or Bret Bascue.

I expect decent at bats out of Andy Dirks, Conor Gillaspie and Ryan Jones regardless of who is pitching.

Good luck guys! Time to turn up the heat.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                    Yes, but we struggle against soft throwing lefties.

Joy isn't all that soft throwing. I'd say average speed for D1 at worst. A scout I know said he actually touched 92 once in the game against WSU. He is pretty consistent at mid to upper 80s.

Comment

Since Joy pitched against WSU, he's had two bad starts and two good starts. UNI and CU beat him up. He had success against Illinois St and Evansville.

Comment

keep me updated. im eatinng at the barking crab in boston right now

Comment

game on yet?

Comment

4-0 Shox with 2 out in the bottom of the first.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

After one WSU lead 4-0.

Comment

Working...
                              X