• Show
Clear All

MSU up 8-3 bottom of 5th

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
      Originally posted by AG1219
      Originally posted by shocker22
      It is just as good for the second place team.
      Except if we lose, we play tomorrow...if MSU loses, they turn around in 30 minutes and play a rested UNI team.
      I wonder how the schedule would have looked had we been the #2 seed. Since the league always likes to put the home team in the 7pm game.
      I was talking with shocks771 about that last weekend and we were thinking that under this new format, we would have been playing at 11:00 AM today, but who knows...

I'd bet the host team will always play its first game at 7 unless it falls to a 3 seed. Too much $ at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
        Originally posted by AG1219
        Originally posted by shocker22
        It is just as good for the second place team.
        Except if we lose, we play tomorrow...if MSU loses, they turn around in 30 minutes and play a rested UNI team.
        I wonder how the schedule would have looked had we been the #2 seed. Since the league always likes to put the home team in the 7pm game.
        I was talking with shocks771 about that last weekend and we were thinking that under this new format, we would have been playing at 11:00 AM today, but who knows...

I'd bet the host team will always play its first game at 7 unless it falls to a 3 seed. Too much $ at stake.
        I would agree, except with the change of the tournament bracket there is no way WSU could have played the 7:00 game tonight if we were to be the #2 seed. The reason is because the loser of the #2 seed game is required to play twice today. Just look at the bracket and it will make sense. There is no way we could have played at 7:00 if we were the #2 seed.

Comment

Not so sure I like this format. It's really great if you're the No. 1 seed. You don't play the first day, and you only have to play once the next day. The only advantage of being No. 2 is you get a bye the first day and if you win your first game, that's great -- you only play that one. It you don't win, then you play back-to-back games. However, I'll let the experts chime in and see what the rest of you think.

Comment

The victor gets the spoils?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Even with having all the advantages in this year's tourney format, I think it is a joke. It is a joke of a tourney from a joke of a conference in terms of baseball talented teams. 4 of the 9 teams had records below .500. The Valley needs to expand to 12 teams, until then, this Conference sucks. It sucks for WSU because teams within our conference don't make us better - we end up playing down to their level.

Comment

I'm a winner in this game no matter what.

A team I hate loses either way.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Now Creighton gets an hour and a half off before they have to play UNI. :D :D
                  THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    Even with having all the advantages in this year's tourney format, I think it is a joke. It is a joke of a tourney from a joke of a conference in terms of baseball talented teams. 4 of the 9 teams had records below .500. The Valley needs to expand to 12 teams, until then, this Conference sucks. It sucks for WSU because teams within our conference don't make us better - we end up playing down to their level.

No doubt the competition in the Valley is frustrating. It results in lots of hours spent watching crappy baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
                      No doubt the competition in the Valley is frustrating. It results in lots of hours spent watching crappy baseball.

You mean like the rout last weekend with Bradley. We had some offense and that was fun to watch, but the rest of it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                        Not so sure I like this format. It's really great if you're the No. 1 seed. You don't play the first day, and you only have to play once the next day. The only advantage of being No. 2 is you get a bye the first day and if you win your first game, that's great -- you only play that one. It you don't win, then you play back-to-back games. However, I'll let the experts chime in and see what the rest of you think.

The 1 and 2s have huge advantages over the rest in that they have to win one less game and in theory don't have to face anyone's "ace"

I see those advantages as being way more significant than the 1's over the 2. Playing 2 baseball games in one day is not that big of a deal for the 2, especially since you don't have to if you just take care of business in game 1.

You could make the argument that the 2 losing game one almost has a preferable schedule for the next game (double header than the 1 does if it loses game one.

As bad as the league is, I have no problem with the format. If you consistently had NCAA caliber teams finishing 3, 4, or 5th, I'd have some reservations.

Comment

Working...
                        X