Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tourney format quote

Quote in the Eagle today:

"Originally, I thought it was going to be a great concept," Creighton coach Ed Servais said. "I'm all for rewarding the top two seeds for what they did in the regular season."

Wait, Im not one of the top 2 seeds? Screw it, this sucks! What the heck did he think the format was going to be?
    YOUSUCKITPOX

Based on their finish last year he was all for it. Now that they didn't finish in the top two, not so much. I like it because it rewards the teams for their play during the conference season.

Comment

If this works out nice in the valley maybe they will decide to change the ncaa regional format to this as well, and reward conferance champs and highest rpi, ranked teams
      THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Oh...wait a minute...this whole thing is stupid
        THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by William
          If this works out nice in the valley maybe they will decide to change the ncaa regional format to this as well, and reward conferance champs and highest rpi, ranked teams
          That'll never happen.

In regards to the Sevais quote, maybe he's being a little humorous considering he thought his team was gonna have a Top 2 finish, but that didn't happen.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You know he was really hoping they'd get second again. That way he could get another COY award.

Comment

2008 Preseason Poll
              1. Wichita State (8 1st place) 73 points
              2. Creighton (1 1st place) 68 points
              3. Southern Illinois 64 points
              4. Missouri State 44 points
              5. Northern Iowa 38 points
              6. Evansville 37 points
              T7. Bradley 31 points
              T7. Indiana State 31 points
              9. Illinois State 19 points

Creighton and SIU did just a little bit of under achieving. The SIU coach was really singing the blues on the news last night.

These crybabies might not be happy even if we share the gate receeipts with them and do a fund raising campaign to build a stadium for them. They are not capable of doing it themselves.

Comment

It is in the best interest of the conference to have one of their best teams win the tournament. Any advantage given to the top teams as determined over 24 games makes good sense.

Comment

There's something whack about the fact the Creighton would have had to play 7 games to win the tournament.

Comment

Here is the bracket the MVC should have used:

Whoever thought up the loser bracket was pretty stupid or very calculating.

Comment

The bracket suggested above looks right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Looks like a better bracket. But my question is didn't the coaches know about this change and vote on it at the coaches meeting before this change was made?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89
                          Originally posted by SB Shock

Looks like a better bracket. But my question is didn't the coaches know about this change and vote on it at the coaches meeting before this change was made?
                          Yes. Creightons coach voted yes because he thought his team would do better than they did this year and that it would favor the top 2 seeds like it does. he didnt anticipate his team not living up to expectations and having to take on the uphill battle that is presented to the lower seeds and now he is bent. I dont think anyone likes this format. Its a one year trial and I really doubt it will be back next year.

Comment

I'll bet Servais didn't feel that way when CU beat WSU in a steady snowfall back in April.

Comment

Do they let Gene vote on those things? Or do they just assume that WSU will win the regular season every year and they just hope to hell they get the #2?

Comment

Working...
                              X