Clear All

• Updated Regional Projections- May 23rd

May 23rd Projections

Lincoln Regional
    1. Nebraska
    4. Kent State

2. Wichita State
    3. East Carolina

Missouri State is one of the last few left out.

May 20th Projections

Raleigh Regional
    1. NC State
    4. College of Charleston

2. South Carolina
    3. Wichita State

Lincoln Regional
    1. Nebraska
    4. Xavier

2. Kentucky
    3. Missouri State

Yeah, that one sucks.

Comment

No way we are a three!

Comment

I think right now we are right on the borderline between a #2 and a #3 seed. If we win the MVC Tournament we will probably end up a #2 seed, but if we don't I expect us to be a #3.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
          I think right now we are right on the borderline between a #2 and a #3 seed. If we win the MVC Tournament we will probably end up a #2 seed, but if we don't I expect us to be a #3.
          If we are a #2 then I expect us to stay closer to home, either Stillwater, Lincoln or if Missouri makes some noise in the Big 12 tournament, possibly Columbia, but if we are a #3 then all bets are off as to where they will send us. I hate to even bring this up but I heard Shane say last night that if we won the Valley tournament that he felt we were 50/50 as to possibly being looked at to host. Maybe we could host as a #2 seed if we take care of business and teams like St. John's or Michigan get boucned from their conference tournaments early.
          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker
            If we are a #2 then I expect us to stay closer to home, either Stillwater, Lincoln or if Missouri makes some noise in the Big 12 tournament, possibly Columbia, but if we are a #3 then all bets are off as to where they will send us. I hate to even bring this up but I heard Shane say last night that if we won the Valley tournament that he felt we were 50/50 as to possibly being looked at to host. Maybe we could host as a #2 seed if we take care of business and teams like St. John's or Michigan get boucned from their conference tournaments early.
            Most years I'd agree with the hosting #2 take, but not this season. Since there are 3 schools- all #1 worthy- within a 4 drive, I just don't see it happening.

YMMV :)

Comment

Terms

I continue to be amused by the term "Projections." They're guesses, plain and simple, hopefully somewhat educated -- but guesses nonetheless.

Somehow, "Regional Guesses" doesn't quite sound as worthy of discussing, does it?

Comment

Honestly, I think most people will agree, we deserve a 3 seed. But the fact that we're ranked 14 - 22 in most polls, have 40+ wins, and won the Valley regular season, we'll get a 2 seed...that's assuming we aren't 2 and done in the Valley tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker
                  FYI Nova shuts out St Johns in Round 1 of Big East tourney 12-0.

Comment

Stillwater Regional: Oklahoma State (#6 national seed), Wichita State, Arkansas, Louisiana-Monroe

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3404509&name=ncaa_baseball

Stillwater Regional: Oklahoma State (#6 national seed), Wichita State, Arkansas, Louisiana-Monroe
                      ouch that one tough regional
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                        Originally posted by CharlieHog
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3404509&name=ncaa_baseball

ouch that one tough regional
                        Tell me again what regional out there won't be tough..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

May 23rd Projections

Lincoln Regional
                          1. Nebraska
                          4. Kent State

2. Wichita State
                          3. East Carolina

Missouri State is one of the last few left out.

Comment

Not that it matters all that much whether we are a #2 or #3 seed, but let's look at this with a clear head for a moment. We have an RPI of 26 according to Warren Nolan, and we are ranked 23,20,18,14 by the four major polls. You will excuse me if I don't agree with the argument that we would be a #3 seed.

Comment

is there anychance at all if we win the first game today in convincing fashion, that we would host?
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X