Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Hall

Let me just say Kevin Hall can HIT. WOW
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Re: Kevin Hall

Originally posted by shock10
    Let me just say Kevin Hall can HIT. WOW
    The kid has some POP! 3 easy swings and 3 doubles. By the looks of the swings you would have never thought those balls would fly so far. Looking forward to seeing lots more of Hall in the postseason and in '09.

--'85
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Whoa now! The kid appears to have some game, but let's reserve judgement on how well he hits when it comes tourney time and he faces the good teams. But so far so good.

Comment

"I saw the ball well (Saturday) he said. "I've been working out a lot with (assistant coach Jim Thomas) on the fundamental stuff and just coming out relaxing."

-- Kevin Hall
        Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
          "I saw the ball well (Saturday) he said.
          -- Kevin Hall
          I wonder if that awesome Bradley pitching had anything to do with it..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's humorous how you like to change the rules so it fits your agenda.
            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
              It's humorous how you like to change the rules so it fits your agenda.
              I find it humorous how hypocritical that statement was. Your one-time, one-hit facts are hilarious. Keep 'em coming.

Kevin Hall is coming on strong and I'm pumped about his recent contributions. I guess it's just a coincidence it came off against one of the league's worst pitching staffs.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

For those Kevin Hall fans out there, your faith was vindicated this weekend.

I suffered through Ryan Jones struggles last year and very early in the season (remember the "Jones is overrated" thread?), so I get a buzz every time "Chip" gets a hit. Clint McKeever is another guy who is finally demonstrating that my faith in him was justified. I'm not (just) patting myself on the back but rather I'm saying that a positive attitude and staying behind our guys even when things aren't going so well, has its paybacks in personal satisfaction.

Without naming names, those folks on here who are constantly ragging on our payers and our coaches, I wonder how you feel with the team is successful? Are you disappointed that you were wrong? Do you take credit for "motivating" them, or providing a "reverse jinx?" I just wonder where the ultimate satisfaction is from being a pessimist, or to be generous, a "realist"?

I don't know how we will do in the post-season, but I believe we are capable of playing deep into the post-season if we play up to our ability.

Comment

Yes, playing up to their ability would be fantastic, but what game or stretch of games defined exactly what that upper level of ability is this year?

3 losses to Long Beach State?
                  Beating 8th place K-State or Kansas?
                  Losing to Big 12 bottom-feeder OU?
                  Losing at OSU?

I think the negativity stems from the slow and methodical way in which the team destroyed it's chance of hosting a Regional and setting itself up to be a National Seed. I cannot fathom the desire to be right about underachieving was anyone's goal at the beginning of the season. But for the 12th straight year, the ones who adjusted their expectations downward early were likely the least disappointed when the CWS went on without us yet again.

Yes, there is hope but it's based on blind faith, not a track record of prior success laid as a foundation to build upon.

Comment

I love certain things about this team. Our starting pitching is solid, Dirks and Conor are unbelievable and Jones and McKeever have been pleasant surprises. Other things such as hitters inabilities to adjust to the pitcher and our lack of pitching and defense at times against inferior opposition drive me nuts. I've complained about it and I also wonder what Gene's future is given his age and his off the field situation. But there is no happier man than I when we break out the whuppin stick like we did this weekend.

There are some people that are never satisfied. If we happen to get to Omaha and not win it, we will hear about it. Even if we do win it all, within an hour those same types will be posting how bad we will be next year. Don't understand it, never will, but it's what makes the world and internet message boards go around.
                    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb

I suffered through Ryan Jones struggles last year and very early in the season (remember the "Jones is overrated" thread?), so I get a buzz every time "Chip" gets a hit. Clint McKeever is another guy who is finally demonstrating that my faith in him was justified. I'm not (just) patting myself on the back but rather I'm saying that a positive attitude and staying behind our guys even when things aren't going so well, has its paybacks in personal satisfaction.

Without naming names, those folks on here who are constantly ragging on our payers and our coaches, I wonder how you feel with the team is successful? Are you disappointed that you were wrong? Do you take credit for "motivating" them, or providing a "reverse jinx?" I just wonder where the ultimate satisfaction is from being a pessimist, or to be generous, a "realist"?

I don't know how we will do in the post-season, but I believe we are capable of playing deep into the post-season if we play up to our ability.
                      :yes:

Comment

Everyone wants the Shocks to win. Loses to, for example, UE really are painful and people react in different ways.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb

And to those on the opposite end of the spectrum, do you think your positivity influences what the players on the field do? Do you take credit for unrealistic predictions about the team?

I love optimism and wish I had more of it, but some of you with your blinders constantly on just make you look stupid. You can be a huge fan without being a blind idiot.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Kevin Hall 4 for 5 1 RBI 4 runs scored in tourney with solid defence if not great. Maybe not MVP numbers but only because of someone else but how about all tourney team?
                            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                              Kevin Hall 4 for 5 1 RBI 4 runs scored in tourney with solid defence if not great. Maybe not MVP numbers but only because of someone else but how about all tourney team?
                              From what I can gather from Boston, the Tourney Team is going to be all WSU players.

Comment

Working...
                              X