Help - Debating Shocker Baseball and Kansas Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Debating Shocker Baseball and Kansas Basketball

I need some help. My brother, a KU alum, shows little respect for the WSU baseball program when I feel our stature as a program over the last 30 years is comparable to KU basketball. Ironically, he thinks the WSU basketball program will be constantly solid after MT left the program in pristine shape (KU ethnocentrism no doubt).

I would like to educate him on the matter. Any help would be appreciated and facts are most welcomed. I concede we can't compare the programs complete history as the James Naismith card trumps any historical debate. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what holes in the debate will my brother point out?

Thanks in advance!
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

I really hate ku fans right now

Comment

Someone probably has details handy.

1. NCAA tourney appearances and success (7 CWS, 4 national championship game appearance, 1 national championship, only 3 times in the last 30 years we didn't get invited? Also, lots and lots of NCAA wins. How many times have we gone 2 and que in the NCAA?)

2. # of major league alums

3. Top ten in attendance every year even in our cold weather climate

4. Top ten stadium ( I believe there are a # of rankings out there on this subject)

5. Number of wins since resurrection.

6. Stephenson's all-time wins.

Comment

If you want to know history, look in the media guide, everything you need to know is there...

goshockers.com has it divided into sections. Whenever I need to know something, I look there. One nice stat is that Gene has winning records against every single current B12 member, over all he's something like 195 - 95 vs current B12 members.

Comment

KU sucks.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Hate to say it but there is no comparison. We are the Memphis of College Basketball, they are the LSU of College Baseball. We had a period of national dominance but we now are a good team with great tradition out in the midwest that might make a run at it every 10 years or so. We are part of regional list of qualilty programs that includes Arkansas, ORU, OU, OSU and Nebraska.

KU basketball is among the elite in college hoops. A National list that includes DUKE, UNC, Kentucky and UCLA. Hate them all you want but lets call it what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
              KU basketball is among the elite in college hoops. A National list that includes DUKE, UNC, Kentucky and UCLA. Hate them all you want but lets call it what it is.
              Good attempt S-Man... it's like comparing hemorrhoids and fever blisters... they're similar, but also quite different. Believe me, I speak from experience.
              :(
              SFL is back!

Comment

One HUGE difference.

WSU Baseball has NEVER been on NCAA probation. We don't cheat like KU does.

We also aren't afraid to play anyone. That's another HUGE difference, but I'm guessing that won't sit well with them even though it's absolutely true.

Comment

Working...
                X