Polls- 4/28/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls- 4/28/08

Shox stay at #14 in the baseball america poll.

Down one spot to #15 on rivals.

Comment

Not bad. I expected worse.

Comment

We benefited from a couple of teams in front of us having horrid weeks and a couple teams behind us having so-so weeks.

It looks like, for the most, we escaped the wrath from the polls this week. We still however are in dire straights from hosting.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          We benefited from a couple of teams in front of us having horrid weeks and a couple teams behind us having so-so weeks.

It looks like, for the most, we escaped the wrath from the polls this week. We still however are in dire straights from hosting.
          Great! Another excellent opportunity to move up in the polls and we blow it.

Comment

From #7 to #9 in collegiate baseball

THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Considering we've gone 8-5 against competition (with RPI's of 116, 8, NAIA, 137, 124, 5, and 155) over the past 16 days, I'm floored and baffled we're still in the top 15 of the worthwhile polls.

A top 15 position in the respectable polls is a bit too optimistic IMHO, but I'll certainly take it.

One other thing, Kendall Rogers kept us in the 20-25 range when we were on our win streak earlier in the season, but now that we're playing uninspired ball, we're still a top 15 team in his eyes? And the BCS peeps actually look for this guy's opinion online? :roll:

Comment

Around this time last year we were #12 in this poll and were 36-12 and we hosted so all is not lost on this season, there is still baseball to be played and if we take care of business, we still have a shot at moving up the polls and hosting a regional, national seed I would say is gone, but hosting is still a possibility. The big if is if we will take care of business and not have any horrible losses like yesterday.

Comment

We lost a close road game to one of the hotter teams in the country and, even given an ugly loss (our first all season, really), still won a conference road series 2-1. The reaction of the polls seems about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
                    We lost a close road game to one of the hotter teams in the country and, even given an ugly loss (our first all season, really), still won a conference road series 2-1. The reaction of the polls seems about right.
                    No doubt. Although we don't have that "big win" or Top 25 win, until yesterday we had avoided that really bad loss, and it was on the road. So I am not completely surprised at this weeks polls.

Comment

From #7 to #8 in the ESPN/USA today Coaches Poll

Comment

Wow. This went way better than I was expecting. Anybody else thinking this week is the last one like it before the polls really punish us?

Comment

Ping Baseball dropped us significantly from 8 to 13.

Comment

Ping?

KC, not to disparage them -- 13th is probably more realistic for the Shocks at this point than some of the other rankings -- but what the heck is Ping Baseball, and has anyone other than you ever heard of them?

Comment

Re: Ping?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                              KC, not to disparage them -- 13th is probably more realistic for the Shocks at this point than some of the other rankings -- but what the heck is Ping Baseball, and has anyone other than you ever heard of them?
                              It's not a bad site, I like the layout and the information on there is pretty decent. Sure it's an obscure site, but take awhile to peruse it, I think you'll like it.

Oh, and we fell 3 spots to 11 in the NCBWA poll.

Comment

Working...
                              X