April 22 regional projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 22 regional projections

Here's Rivals. I actually can't argue with what he shows. Nebraska has got one locked up for sure assumming they continue to do well. They have a good fan base and beat us heads up.

OSU's however may change. If we can beat them heads up tonight and win all three against ORU, OU and AZ State I think we take take away their regional.

There will be only two programs in our region hosting and NU is one of them. Missouri may slip one in if OSU melts down but I doubt it. Arkansas picked the right year to have a down one, so that helped out, but we have not done ourselves any favors by going 0 fer against the Top 25. As I mentioned before, the Shox need to take advantage of these non-con games to prove a point, because our conference is not going to help us out.

I wish we could go 18-13 and be in a position to host.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We can still work our way in...I'm pretty sure we have to win 3 out of 4 vs OU, OSU, ORU and ASU. And of course take care of business with the rest of the schedule.

Comment

Missouri can't put enough people in the seats to give the NCAA enough guarantee $$$$$$$

Comment

So what

As usual, who cares? I notice that the name Kendall Rogers didn't appear on the list of selectors.

Comment

Re: So what

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
            As usual, who cares? I notice that the name Kendall Rogers didn't appear on the list of selectors.
            Who cares? Many Shocker fans do and I'm assuming want to get an idea of the Shox's chances of hosting. These projections are carrying more credibility as the season is drawing to an end. So we need to know what we are up against and what we need to do and who to root for and against.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
              Missouri can't put enough people in the seats to give the NCAA enough guarantee $$$$$$$

The teams that deserve to be 1 seeds are going to host, unless they don't have lights at their field or something.

This money thing comes up every year and it never plays a factor.

Comment

That's true. The money really hasn't come into the picture much in the last four years or so. Otherwise, WSU would have hosted at least one more time.

#1 seeds anymore have adequate facilities to host a regional, so the #2 seed as a host hasn't happened as often as it first did in 1999. Even Pepperdine can host (did a few years ago) even though they don't have lights. They just have to start the games earlier.

WSU hasn't done enough yet to host up to this point of the season. Beating OU, ORU, and ASU plus winning the MVC regular season title and/or tournament title makes WSU a lock. WSU has to beat ASU for any shot. And the way they have played lately, they are very vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog

The teams that deserve to be 1 seeds are going to host, unless they don't have lights at their field or something.

They do have to meet the minimum NCAA guarantee which I think is about $50,000. If they do that then they will host if they are deserving of a #1 seed.

But if they can't guarantee the minimum then they will not host. I think that is the point that hovpen is making.

Comment

Am I the only one that likes our chances if we did go to Lincoln as a #2?They don't hit much better than we do.If we both did win,ill take our #2 starter anyday in that matchup.JMO.

Comment

Did you see what the Huskers did to Creighton last night?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
                        Originally posted by CharlieHog

They do have to meet the minimum NCAA guarantee which I think is about $50,000. If they do that then they will host if they are deserving of a #1 seed.

But if they can't guarantee the minimum then they will not host. I think that is the point that hovpen is making.

I don't think Missouri would have any problem with the minimum guarantee. Schools with much smaller budgets and fan bases than Missouri host every year.

Comment

Take that forecast of regionals with a grain of salt. It has 5 regionals in the west. That will NEVER happen the SEC and ACC will get their usual 7 or 8 regionals between the two conferences. No way will the NCAA ever allow the west have more than 3. Two at the very most for the PAC, even though the PAC is the strongest it's been in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                          X