Tyler Grimes video....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Grimes video....

on www.catchitkansas.com. Highlights from North's win over Northwest. BTW the alleys at Westside Athletic field are 390. Good looking player to say the least.

there is talk that if dusty doesnt come back he may well start at ss next year as a freshman. Kid is really really really good. He is better than most realize and is prolly better than billed actually.

Comment

Nobody is doubting is ability, what most people are doubting is his attitude. Now he may have gotten an attitude adjustment since last year, but if not, Gene and the staff might have some work to do

Comment

If Dustin doesn't come back, you might want to look at Logan Watkins at short. Unless he goes in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
          Nobody is doubting is ability, what most people are doubting is his attitude. Now he may have gotten an attitude adjustment since last year, but if not, Gene and the staff might have some work to do
          Yeah I have heard about his attitude. I wonder what sort of attitude it is. Is he one of those guys that just hates losing and is ubercompetitive? If thats the case it may not be such a problem for gene. Gene has a relationship with his players and doesnt have an issue with the kids getting after him a bit to... In fact gene tends to favor a strong willed kid with some nads thats not afraid of him or easily intimidated. Now if Grimes has the wrong kind of tude then it could be a problem that will only hurt himself and his playing time. We will know soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
            there is talk that if dusty doesnt come back he may well start at ss next year as a freshman. Kid is really really really good. He is better than most realize and is prolly better than billed actually.
            Why wouldn't Dusty come back? He is only a Sophomore and is not draft eligible. Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89
              Originally posted by t7017s
              Why wouldn't Dusty come back? He is only a Sophomore and is not draft eligible. Am I missing something here?
              Didn't he turn 21 which makes him draft eligible? Or was that someone else?

Comment

He is old enough to be draft eligible.

Comment

Well, from what I've seen of Tyler, he is a hothead. I saw him play in 3 games last year, and all 3 he got ejected for arguing with umpires. I also saw him try to show up the opposing teams pitcher after he scored a run by standing on the plate and glaring down the pitcher. This is the kind of attitude that will get him in trouble at WSU. The young man is a great player, I'd bet that he has at least 5 home runs in his senior season this year at North. I hope for his sake that he's gotten his attitude in check.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
                    He is old enough to be draft eligible.
                    Thank you. I was not aware of that.

Comment

quote="shockerfanmas"]Well, from what I've seen of Tyler, he is a hothead. I saw him play in 3 games last year, and all 3 he got ejected for arguing with umpires. I also saw him try to show up the opposing teams pitcher after he scored a run by standing on the plate and glaring down the pitcher. This is the kind of attitude that will get him in trouble at WSU. The young man is a great player, I'd bet that he has at least 5 home runs in his senior season this year at North. I hope for his sake that he's gotten his attitude in check.[/quote]

i don't believe he was ejected from 3 games. i know he was ejected from one. he is, without a doubt, one very fiesty competitor, and i think gene will love him.

Comment

Well, from what I've seen of Tyler, he is a hothead. I saw him play in 3 games last year, and all 3 he got ejected for arguing with umpires. I also saw him try to show up the opposing teams pitcher after he scored a run by standing on the plate and glaring down the pitcher. This is the kind of attitude that will get him in trouble at WSU. The young man is a great player, I'd bet that he has at least 5 home runs in his senior season this year at North. I hope for his sake that he's gotten his attitude in check.
                        As I usually do, I'll preface this by saying my opinion isn't worth spit as I've never seen the kid. But I'll offer it anyway, FWIW. (we need a spitting emoticon!)

In reading the above accounts, assuming they are accurate, my first thought was, "is he like this off the field?" If so, this sounds more like a character issue. If he's a decent kid off the field, then perhaps it is just an attitude brought on in competitive situations. One is certainly more correctible than the other.

Comment

I've never met the kid personally, but I've heard he's a real gentleman off the field, which leads me to believe he has a very strong competitive nature that tends to go overboard and get him in trouble. If this is the case, I'd say there's nothing wrong with being competitive, the staff will just have to get it toned down a bit.

Comment

Tyler Grimes

I have known Tyler since he was around 6 years old. My son played basketball for a few years with him. He quit basketball to play hockey. You have to be a special competitor to play hockey in Wichita, Kansas. I don't know him real well, but after not seeing him for several years, I bump into Tyler at a restaurant last summer and he was very polite and remembered who I was. Had a very nice conversation with him.

Tyler is a fierce competitor and I think he and Gene will fit in together very well.

BTW, when Tyler and my oldest son were 11 years old, Tyler was pitching against our team and my son hit a homerun off of him. Tyler was pretty dominant back then. Anyway, my son still has the ball which has the date written on it and "Rush Field - Off Tyler Grimes".

Comment

sounds like a D bag.
                              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Working...
                              X