Dirks to DH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirks to DH

If I heard Mike Kennedy correctly tonight on his weekly baseball show,. Andy Dirks has a sore arm and they will probably move him to DH untill his arm feels better.

Not sure who will move to center, either Williams or Jones should be able to hanlde those duties.

Brett Bascue probably first in line for the 3rd OF position I assume.

If this is true, I hope he rubs off on the DH spot and not the other way around. Shox starting to accrue some wear-and-tear type injuries. Hopefully everybody can get healthy again.

Comment

Gene said Mitch Caster would play in right and Jones move to center. Dirks DH
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Caster has the best arm, from what I've been told. It's an interesting move, putting a guy in right who's had a grand total of 16 plate appearances, and yet, he has reached base 6 times, for a respectable .375 OBP. One of the dads predicted this past weekend that Caster would become a good player. He undoubtedly meant "next year," but sometimes these opportunities come sooner than expected.

Comment

Castor

I live in the Goddard HS district & went to a game last year. Realizing that Castor had signed with WSU, I cudn't figure out why Castor didn't play that day. Then, many mos later, I found out that he missed his Sr year with an injury. However, he was 1st team All-State in his Jr year and hit 0.600. How many kids hit that wll in HS??

Comment

More than you would think.

Comment

Re: Castor

Originally posted by xazshox
              I live in the Goddard HS district & went to a game last year. Realizing that Castor had signed with WSU, I cudn't figure out why Castor didn't play that day. Then, many mos later, I found out that he missed his Sr year with an injury. However, he was 1st team All-State in his Jr year and hit 0.600. How many kids hit that wll in HS??
              Not many. You see lots of .400s or even a few .500s but .600 is stupid plain and simple. He is a hell of a player and we all will see it in his time here. Kid is a stud.

Comment

I hope that DH luck does not spread to Dirks. His on base streak is really getting up there.

Comment

Workman will be back tomorrow night.
                  Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                    Will he be 100 percent? I'd rather him sit and not take a chance of reaggravating the injury than play hurt and risk being out for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Will he be 100 percent? I'd rather him sit and not take a chance of reaggravating the injury than play hurt and risk being out for the season.
                      You must really think Gene and JT are morons.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                        Players can tell coaches that they are 100 percent to get back into the lineup - agreed? So don't give me that crap, this isn't an injury that you can see it's healed by an x-ray - or can you?

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                          Players can tell coaches that they are 100 percent to get back into the lineup - agreed? So don't give me that crap, this isn't an injury that you can see it's healed by an x-ray - or can you?
                          Then your original question can only be answered by Josh.

Comment

I really don't know.

He was going to play last weekend but after taking batting practice he experienced some soreness.

I would not think that Gene would take a chance on him if he was not ready.

I was told today the he will play tomorrow night in Stillwater.
                            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X