No announcement yet.

MVC Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we don't much care for having to play the men's basketball tourney in the backyard of several Valley schools either.

Comment

True, Wu, very true

Comment

Originally posted by goshox24
        I would be curious to hear what the other coaches in the league think about the new format. With the Shockers consistently taking 1st or 2nd in the league every year, it could look like the MVC is trying to boost its most successful program as much as it can. I know most of them don't like playing the tournament in Wichita. Just a thought.

This change is very surprising as it makes it less likely for the Valley to get as many teams as possible into the NCAAs.

Comment

My bad, I had forgotten we used that squirrely, kum-by-yah, can-you-feel-the-love-tonight six team bracket. If we're not going to go to an eight team setup, I'm glad to see that finishing first or second means something. Now lets hope we can finish like we should and take advantage of it!

And, boy, if you are a 3-6 seed and lose your first game, if you lose the first losers bracket game you are headed home on the first day. Ouch!
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by goshox24
            I know most of them don't like playing the tournament in Wichita. Just a thought.
            I'd be surprised if that is truly the sentiment with the league's coaches. The alternative is playing the tournament in front of empty stands in some neutral site or in Springfield where the reception is lukewarm at best. Playing in Wichita gives the teams a chance to play in a virtual regional setting, which is as close as all but the top two or three can hope for.

With regard to baseball in the MVC, if you're not WSU then it sucks to be you.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
            X