• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU GAME 3

Score please ?

8-1 and as usual, Capra is nails. 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Capra has given up two hits; one was a wind blown homer and the other was a misplayed pop up. The guy is just a stud. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

:good: Bowled'em OVER ! :good:
        Semper Wu !!!

Comment

8-3 final
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Brent was unhappy with Kyle Sisney and Gene was unhappy with Kenny Williams Jr.
            I'll trust Brent and Gene and their opinions over those of Mike (Kennedy).
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The reason Gene was furious with KWJ is because he lost track of how many outs there were, and should have scored from first on I believe it was Gillespies hit late in the game. Instead, he ended up having to pull up at third where Gene promptly proceeded to rip him a new one. I couldn't tell you why Brent was unhappy with Sisney, other than the fly ball that he misjudged that fell in for a base hit. I was dissapointed with Ryan Jones, who struck out at least twice, maybe 3 times, without even taking the bat off his shoulder.

Comment

Bascue as the DH 1 for 3 and 2 RBI. Also hit the ball hard on his outs.
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Traditionally, if you goof up on the base paths and you end up on 3rd, Gene will rip into you.

KWJ's run didn't matter in the end but I don't think you will see him making that same mistake again.

Comment

I don't think Gene should have chastised his player so publicly, he may have hurt KWJ's pride...
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                      I don't think Gene should have chastised his player so publicly, he may have hurt KWJ's pride...
                      Players are going to make mistakes, but when the "mistake" is a lack of hustle, I don't expect Gene to hold back, and there should be every expectation by Kenny that the upbraiding would be immediate and public.

A few years ago in a game at Oral Roberts, Kenny Waddell did not run hard on a third strike that rolled away from the catcher. It didn't roll very far away but the catcher didn't see where it went and Kenny may have beaten the throw if he had run hard. I was furious with Kenny and said so here on SN. I even went so far as to suggest he should be benched for a game to make sure the message sunk in.

I don't expect our guys to always play well, but the one thing I do expect is that they will always give 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                        Originally posted by DUShock
                        Players are going to make mistakes, but when the "mistake" is a lack of hustle, I don't expect Gene to hold back, and there should be every expectation by Kenny that the upbraiding would be immediate and public.

A few years ago in a game at Oral Roberts, Kenny Waddell did not run hard on a third strike that rolled away from the catcher. It didn't roll very far away but the catcher didn't see where it went and Kenny may have beaten the throw if he had run hard. I was furious with Kenny and said so here on SN. I even went so far as to suggest he should be benched for a game to make sure the message sunk in.

I don't expect our guys to always play well, but the one thing I do expect is that they will always give 100%.
                        :lol:
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It was a good game. Capra was very solid. A few pretty good hits, and plays. Taylor Brown's catch was terrific.

The tops of my knees and my arms are beet red today, probably because of the hazy clouds yesterday with the sun.

Oh yeah, and I got my 'Shocker hat' at the store there I had been wanting to get.

Comment

Working...
                          X