Date-Opponent-Place -Time-Station
    April 22-Kansas-Wichita-7 p.m.-Kansas Now 22
    April 23-Oklahoma State-Stillwater, Okla.-6:30 p.m.-Kansas Now 22
    April 30-Oklahoma-Norman, Okla.-7 p.m.-Kansas Now 22
    May 7-Arizona State-Wichita-7 p.m.-Kansas Now 22
    May 9-Evansville-Evansville, Ind.-6 p.m.-Kansas Now 22
    May 10-Evansville-Evansville, Ind.-2 p.m.-Kansas Now 22
    May 15-Bradley-Wichita-7 p.m.-Kansas Now 22

WICHITA, Kan. ? Four additional Wichita State baseball games during the 2008 season will be televised on Cox Communications' Kansas Now 22 that expands Shocker baseball coverage throughout the state of Kansas. This brings the total to 10 televised games for Shocker baseball during the 2008 season.

Still doesn't help me for I don't have 22. Crap.

Comment

In case anyone was wondering:

The four additional games that will be televised are April 23 at Oklahoma State, May 9 and 10 at Evansville, and May 15 vs. Bradley.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Nice.

I'll take it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm glad to see the additional games on TV. I thought that the original schedule was extremely light so I am glad that they corrected it. You can always trust Cox to jump on the bandwagon when possible. :D They are doing a lot better job about listing the baseball games in their on line guide than they did with the basketball games. I do wish that they would sign some kinda deal with KNSS so we could hear MK and staff instead of who they have for play by play and color. I try to sync manually, not always possible.

Comment

I agree totally with everything you said Zardoz.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Any idea why they are televising these additional games? I love it but I am surprised Cox is spending te money since they won't televise 40 additional Royals games plus no HD viewing.

Comment

I may have been a bit quick to give Ks Now credit for fixing their on line guide. They do have us playing KU on the 22nd, this is good I think that they only got one maybe two basketball games right, kinda doubt it was that high though. They have had several baseball games right. They have us playing Indiana in basketball, on the 23rd, for at least the 500th time in the last two years, on Wednesday.

The 23rd is an important date for the wife and myself, our 32nd wedding anniversary. The wife and I are huge Shocker fans and have been since we moved here after I got out of the Army in 1979. When we came to Wichita there was a lot of good baseball and basketball being played here. Gene and Gene had things happening. We saw many great players in both sports and another sport I like bowling.

Our oldest daughter was wanting to take us out for a very nice dinner, we declined as we would have to miss the Shocker Baseball game. Did I mention we are big Shocker fans? If I didn't have other sources, besides the Cox on line guide, such as goshockers.com and Shockernet.net I might have missed this?

My word on Cox is that the person doing the on line guide might perhaps take their job a bit more seriously, it could and more than likely does effect their revenues as far as lost advertising and lost audience share. As I have stated before, for the love of all that is holy sign an agreement with MK and KNSS to use their play by play and color. The people they use are costing them audience share. If I can get either live radio or Internet streams synced, television audio goes off, let's face it those people are idiots.

Comment

Re: Four Additional Baseball Games to be Televised

Originally posted by martymoose

April 23-Oklahoma State-Stillwater, Okla.-6:30 p.m.-Kansas Now 22
                  Since I went to OSU for awhile, I'm considering driving down to Stilly for this game.
                  www.myspace.com/clarensau
                  it's what i do

Comment

Working...
                  X