Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI (4/14/08)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RPI (4/14/08)

    WSU RPI moves from 28 to 26 after going 3-1.

    Top 50: 5-3
    Top 51-100: 3-1
    Top 101-200: 8-1
    Top 200+: 9-0

    MVC Ranked 14

    RPI of This week opponents:

    13. Nebraska (24-6)
    199. SIU (17-15)

  • #2
    We really need to win this Nebraska game.
    www.myspace.com/clarensau
    it's what i do

    Comment


    • #3
      You would think....
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SubGod22
        You would think....
        Thanks for the shoutout in your signature. Give me a call next time you want to hit up a baseball game.
        www.myspace.com/clarensau
        it's what i do

        Comment


        • #5
          Close

          In Warren Nolan's RPI re-creation, WSU's RPI of .5906 is indeed 26th, but Virginia and Washington State, who are 24th and 25th -- how about that: WSU is both 25th and 26th -- are also at .5906, so you have to go at least to the fifth decimal place to separate them. Oral Roberts is 22nd at .5916, so a pretty small gain would improve the Shockers' rank by several places. Playing Nebraska, with their excellent 24-6 (.800) record, will definitely be worth a gain; the Shocks may improve their RPI just by playing the game. And beating the Bugeaters would be really great.

          Interestingly, for those skeptics who think the Shocks are ranked too high -- and you know who you are, KC, although in this case I have to agree that the polls are probably being a little bit kind to the Shocks -- both Warren Nolan and Boyd Nation also do their own ratings. Nolan has his NPI, Boyd has his ISR that has received a lot of attention on here in the past. And in both, WSU fares better than it does in the RPI. Nolan has them 12th in his index, Boyd has them 15th. So to the extent that the selectors look at such things -- and who knows, they may -- both would justify treating WSU as a top 16 team, which given their facility, bid, and geography, could well make them a regional host.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Clarensauce
            Originally posted by SubGod22
            You would think....
            Thanks for the shoutout in your signature. Give me a call next time you want to hit up a baseball game.
            Nothin' but love. Once I actually pay attention to the schedule, both the Shox and my work, I'll hit you up.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Close

              Originally posted by WSUwatcher
              In Warren Nolan's RPI re-creation, WSU's RPI of .5906 is indeed 26th, but Virginia and Washington State, who are 24th and 25th -- how about that: WSU is both 25th and 26th -- are also at .5906, so you have to go at least to the fifth decimal place to separate them. Oral Roberts is 22nd at .5916, so a pretty small gain would improve the Shockers' rank by several places. Playing Nebraska, with their excellent 24-6 (.800) record, will definitely be worth a gain; the Shocks may improve their RPI just by playing the game. And beating the Bugeaters would be really great.

              Interestingly, for those skeptics who think the Shocks are ranked too high -- and you know who you are, KC, although in this case I have to agree that the polls are probably being a little bit kind to the Shocks -- both Warren Nolan and Boyd Nation also do their own ratings. Nolan has his NPI, Boyd has his ISR that has received a lot of attention on here in the past. And in both, WSU fares better than it does in the RPI. Nolan has them 12th in his index, Boyd has them 15th. So to the extent that the selectors look at such things -- and who knows, they may -- both would justify treating WSU as a top 16 team, which given their facility, bid, and geography, could well make them a regional host.
              As well as what the attendance numbers would be. Last years crazy success can't hurt there...
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

              Comment


              • #8
                Here is what BA said about WSU in today's chat on the Top 25

                SekShocker from Kansas asks:
                Does Wichita State have any shot at being a national seed? I guess I need to know who to root against? Does it make this Tuesday's game v Nebraska even bigger for the winner?
                A:

                Aaron Fitt: I just think that MVC schedule is going to kill their RPI, and thus their shot at a national seed, because the committee heavily weights that particular tool. They've still got series remaining against Southern Illinois (194 RPI), Indiana State (135), Northern Iowa (146), Evansville (274) and Bradley (195).

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Shox remain at #5 in this week's Collegiate Baseball poll and are at #6 in the coach's poll.

                  The 3-1 week didn't hurt the Shox in the national polls.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SB Shock
                    Here is what BA said about WSU in today's chat on the Top 25

                    SekShocker from Kansas asks:
                    Does Wichita State have any shot at being a national seed? I guess I need to know who to root against? Does it make this Tuesday's game v Nebraska even bigger for the winner?
                    A:

                    Aaron Fitt: I just think that MVC schedule is going to kill their RPI, and thus their shot at a national seed, because the committee heavily weights that particular tool. They've still got series remaining against Southern Illinois (194 RPI), Indiana State (135), Northern Iowa (146), Evansville (274) and Bradley (195).
                    Funny. In the past, we've been a Top 8 team to host a regional and have had to deal with a weak Valley in doing so. Now things have changed? Can we help the fact that we belong to that conference? No. We've had no bad losses in the Valley thus far. Seems pretty stiff to me.

                    Oh and nice to see your q make the chat Sek.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.
                    ________________
                    "Enjoy the ride."

                    - a smart man

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think the MVC is as weak as ever.

                      In the past there have been more than one team MVC ranked and a team or two that had an outside shot at Omaha.

                      If I remember correctly, the year that Creighton and WSU made the CWS, SIU was in a regional final.

                      All of those RPIs >100 really, really hurts.

                      But WSU is doing about all they can to make up for it with their non-conference schedule. That hasn't always been the case in the past.

                      It couldn't hurt to find some other major conference teams to replace teams like Harvard though.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X