Bascue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bascue

Is it just me or does it seem like Gene is intentionally not playing Bascue. Seems that someone who has stayed with the program for 3 years should have had at least a chance once in a while at DH.

I agree.

Comment

To quote a certain coach in Boulder........... This is Division 1 baseball!!!!!

Gene is interested in winning. No offense to Bascue but if Gene felt Bret gave him the best chance at winning he would play him.

Comment

I agree with you 100%. You should give your team the best chance to win. But when McKeever struckout 4 times at K-state and started off bad at Creighton. Then Engrave didnt do anything either. I thought maybe he deserved a chance after all that at least. So you think Mckeever and Engrave give the shockers the best chance. I would have to believe Bret could have done at least as good as the others have done thus far at DH.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornshock
          I agree with you 100%. You should give your team the best chance to win. But when McKeever struckout 4 times at K-state and started off bad at Creighton. Then Engrave didnt do anything either. I thought maybe he deserved a chance after all that at least. So you think Mckeever and Engrave give the shockers the best chance. I would have to believe Bret could have done at least as good as the others have done thus far at DH.
          He has done just as good as the others thus far. The problem is someone needs to step up and do better and Bascue HAS NOT done that. Everybody has done so poorly the coaches just have to guess based on practice or work ethic or who seems to have their head on right that day. Right now we are just trying to find a guy who will battle and not go 0 for everything.

Comment

Bascue will get another chance this season and my money says this bench time has given him time to get hungry.

Comment

I think that is a very good point Rosewood.

Comment

The DH needs to be renamed the DW - Designated Whiffer

Engrav pretty much just stood up there all day and watch pitch after pitch. Luckily they hit on one at bat.

Comment

The DH spot has been pathetic.

Does anybody wanna step up and take advantage? My God.. :roll:
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Agreed. When will SOMEONE step up and get a hit once every couple of games? DH has been an automatic out. I'm also a bit miffed at why Bret hasn't had a chance to even pinch hit. Is he in Gene's dog house for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                      The DH needs to be renamed the DW - Designated Whiffer

Engrav pretty much just stood up there all day and watch pitch after pitch. Luckily they hit on one at bat.
                      During a talk show, Gene joked and said he was going to start calling it the "DO- Designated Out."
                      www.myspace.com/clarensau
                      it's what i do

Comment

We just need someone in that spot that can put the bat on the ball. Heck...put Sisney there! a 5'5" DH would be weird, but it's better than striking out every at bat!

How is Muncriefs stick?

Comment

Bascue has had 6 starts. Has he really had an opurtunity? That is my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornshock
                            Bascue has had 6 starts. Has he really had an opurtunity? That is my question.
                            I would say no, but I would also say that I give Gene and crew the benefit of the doubt (ie what they see in practice that I don't see). Maybe BBCue called Gene an old Bafoon! Who knows?

Comment

Musgrave almost got a hit...
                              YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Working...
                              X