No announcement yet.

#8 Missouri 31 #12 Texas 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd Helton's unofficial record for the longest NCAA Division I scoreless-innings streak is safe again. Helton threw 47 2/3 innings without giving up a run for Tennessee in 1994, and Missouri righthander Aaron Crow entered his Friday start against Texas with a streak of 42 2/3. Crow got just one out against the Longhorns before surrendering a run, and Texas torched him for nine runs in five innings, increasing his season ERA from 0.69 to 2.05.

As evidenced by Crow's performance, this was no normal night at Missouri's Taylor Stadium at Simmons Field. Heavy winds were gusting out all night, and while Crow departed after five innings, he left with a 10-run lead. Right fielder Jacob Priday hit four homers and drove in nine runs as the Tigers won 31-12. Texas never had given up that many runs in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
      Todd Helton's unofficial record for the longest NCAA Division I scoreless-innings streak is safe again. Helton threw 47 2/3 innings without giving up a run for Tennessee in 1994, and Missouri righthander Aaron Crow entered his Friday start against Texas with a streak of 42 2/3. Crow got just one out against the Longhorns before surrendering a run, and Texas torched him for nine runs in five innings, increasing his season ERA from 0.69 to 2.05.

As evidenced by Crow's performance, this was no normal night at Missouri's Taylor Stadium at Simmons Field. Heavy winds were gusting out all night, and while Crow departed after five innings, he left with a 10-run lead. Right fielder Jacob Priday hit four homers and drove in nine runs as the Tigers won 31-12. Texas never had given up that many runs in a game.

I don't know how, but I had totally forgot how good of a pitcher Todd Helton was. Dude's an unbelievable athlete.

Started at QB for Tennessee, dominated as a pitcher, and has a lifetime .330 average and .580 slugging percentage in the Bigs.

Comment

Working...
      X