No announcement yet.

Boydsworld RPIneeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude your the biggest drag of all time... For real though.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
      The odds of hosting are going bye-bye.
      I can understand realistic negativity from you KC.. but this is unrealistic negativity and that's what people hate. I think there's too much doom and gloom looking into what Rivals and Boyds World has to say.

A Top 5 ranking with good facilities is a lock for a host. I dunno why in a year we finally are winning a sick percentage of games, avoiding bad losses, and yet we think we're on the outside looking in for hosting.

Again, I ask you how did last year's 20 loss team with a No.15 ranking, with as many bad losses as it did, without a MVC Tournament title, end up hosting a regional and getting a No.1 seed? Please answer that question for me.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I remember all of the hand-wringing last year. It wouldn't surprise me if KC was predicting we were in danger of not making the field of 64. I remember we'd lose a game, and out would come the cries of "that's it, there is no chance of us hosting now," and yet more loses followed and we still hosted.

Now WHY we were given a regional is a little hard to figure. It's hard to argue that we "deserved" one. I think we got more than a little "lucky" and shouldn't count on that in the future. I think it was a combination of the NCAA maybe wanting another host in the Midwest and us being the best of the rest after Missouri. Didn't Nebraska totally tank late in the year? We also hadn't hosted in awhile and I think the NCAA threw us a bone. They knew we'd draw big crowds and bring in a lot of money, so it wasn't all magnanimity on their part.

I don't for a minute think we have to finish 25-1 in order to be a #1 seed and host a regional. That's crazy. We do need to avoid "bad losses" and we need to be at least .500 against the top 50.

Comment

I will guarantee if we go 25-1 and finish 50-5 we will not only host as a #1, we will be a National seed.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
            I'd just like to say that there is one huge factor everyone is not realizing... This has to be based on if all the teams finish the year exactly as would be predicted based on the whats been played so far.
            I think anybody who's been around knows exactly what it is. It's just like the projections done by various sites - they are Snapshots of the season to this point. They give something to discuss and to argue about. It's just about fun.

Nothing even remotely close to that is going to happen
            Thats probably why they do periodic updates.

so this is ridiculous to even talk about really. Let alone take seriously or contemplate for any reason. Well thats how I see it I guess.
            I again find it interesting there are certain individuals who constantly telling us what should and what should not be discusses on a message board. Makes you wonder why they are even around.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              I'd just like to say that there is one huge factor everyone is not realizing... This has to be based on if all the teams finish the year exactly as would be predicted based on the whats been played so far.
              I think anybody who's been around knows exactly what it is. It's just like the projections done by various sites - they are Snapshots of the season to this point. They give something to discuss and to argue about. It's just about fun.

Nothing even remotely close to that is going to happen
              Thats probably why they do periodic updates.

so this is ridiculous to even talk about really. Let alone take seriously or contemplate for any reason. Well thats how I see it I guess.
              I again find it interesting there are certain individuals who constantly telling us what should and what should not be discusses on a message board. Makes you wonder why they are even around.
              I didnt tell you what should or could be discussed at all. I told you I thought it was ridiculous to talk about it or take it seriously. Thus "Well thats how I see it I guess." I think your reading to much into it. Besides it seems to me your guilty of the same thing by insinuating that I dont have a right to share my opinion of "should or shouldm't" on this board and that would make you a hypocrite. Get over yourself and quit reading into things to much.

Comment

Besides it seems to me your guilty of the same thing by insinuating that I dont have a right to share my opinion of "should or shouldm't" on this board and that would make you a hypocrite. Get over yourself and quit reading into things to much.
                I never insinuated anything. I just made a observation that I found interesting. If you take any other way, maybe it means you just might need to "get over yourself".

Comment

We're each entitled to our own wrong opinions.

Comment

Working...
                  X