Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clarensauce
    Originally posted by goshox24
    I am assuming that Taylor Brown will get the start at 2B tonight? What are the other options? Sisney? Hopefully Brown finds a way to make an impact on offense. He made a smooth play on that ground ball in the 9th last night.
    What happened to Workman? I know he left the game last night, but did he get hurt?
    Pulled muscle in his side, is what the Eagle said this morning, also said Gene is concerned about how long he will be out, sounded like he wasn't moving to well after the game last night.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Re: Thanks, KC

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
      Good scouting report from KC. (I had to say that just so it doesn't sound like I'm always complaining about him -- but seriously: good job, KC.)

Personally, I'm with hays -- I would not mind have this pitching pairing rained out.
      Or we could just make it a better pairing by pitching Musgrave!!!

Wed. April 9th - Oklahoma - Musgrave (4 days rest)
      Fri. April 11th - Creighton - Shafer (5 days rest)
      Sat. April 12th - Creighton - Capra (6 days rest)
      Sun. April 13th - Creighton - Kelley (4 days rest)
      Tue. April 15th - Nebraska - Musgrave ( 6 days rest)
      Fri. April 18th - SIU - Shafer
      Sat. April 19th - SIU - Capra
      Sun. April 20th - SIU - Musgrave (4 days rest)

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerstud167
        I dont think Maune has much of a chance against OU....Gene probably should have given Kelley this Wed start instead of last night
        And put Maune in last night?

Then we would've lost.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Damn it.

Two years in a row now that the game between the Sooners and Shox in Wichita is gonna get canceled.

Effing blows! :-x
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I got all the confidence in the world in maune. I think he has much better "stuff" than kelly does and although he hasnt notched as many innings im not worried. not to mention he can at least field his position and kelly really really struggles with that. I like maune to come out (if we play) and settle in and give up a few but as long as the defense doesnt abandon him we are going to prevail. i think the kid can hold em and is goint to prove all you doubters and negative nancys wrong.

Comment

I am all for throwing one of our top 3 against midweek competition some weeks, but not with Creighton this weekend. We need to win the Valley outright to have any chance of hosting a regional. With Creighton getting us at home, they are expecting a big crowd at Rosenblatt. Their teams always get up to play us.

This series is huge in terms of postseason position. You have to take your chances with Maune this week and hope the offense and bullpen give us enough to win.

Standings
              WSU 5-1
              UNI 5-1
              CU 6-3
              MSU 5-4
              SIU 3-3
              BU 4-5
              InSt 4-5
              IlSt 3-6
              EU 1-8 (Ouch)

Comment

Yes!

"Or we could just make it a better pairing by pitching Musgrave!!!

Wed. April 9th - Oklahoma - Musgrave (4 days rest)
                Fri. April 11th - Creighton - Shafer (5 days rest)
                Sat. April 12th - Creighton - Capra (6 days rest)
                Sun. April 13th - Creighton - Kelley (4 days rest)
                Tue. April 15th - Nebraska - Musgrave ( 6 days rest)
                Fri. April 18th - SIU - Shafer
                Sat. April 19th - SIU - Capra
                Sun. April 20th - SIU - Musgrave (4 days rest)"

Shockfan, I couldn't agree with you more. I wish wish wish the Shocks would do exactly that. We frequently hear about how hard it is to arrange a true rotation on a college-type schedule, but the fact is that it simply isn't as hard as the skeptics -- most of whom don't bother to try to put it down on paper as you have -- claim, and you've just proven it: one start in eight games for the WSU #4 guy, with that coming against the #3 guy for a team not nearly as strong as two midweek opponents, at least one (if not both) of whom would represent a "quality win" in the eyes of the tournament selectors -- something that frankly just isn't available in the MVC this year.

This is a great illustration of why the Shocks had such tremendous success for many years using a true rotation. I'd absolutely love to see it happen, and there's no doubt in my mind that, at a minimal cost in terms of their chance to get into the tournament (not something I'm at all concerned about), it would distinctly improve WSU's chances to be not only a host but even a national seed. Goshox may have something of a point -- though I'm not convinced that it's absolutely essential to be "outright" regular season champ -- about the importance of winning the Valley to be a regional host, but I'm here to say that using Kelley against Creighton's #3 is just not going to make the difference in whether WSU wins the Valley regular season or not.

Unfortunately, both you and I know this isn't going to happen, so I'm hoping for rain instead.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox24
                  I am all for throwing one of our top 3 against midweek competition some weeks, but not with Creighton this weekend. We need to win the Valley outright to have any chance of hosting a regional. With Creighton getting us at home, they are expecting a big crowd at Rosenblatt. Their teams always get up to play us.

This series is huge in terms of postseason position. You have to take your chances with Maune this week and hope the offense and bullpen give us enough to win.

Standings
                  WSU 5-1
                  UNI 5-1
                  CU 6-3
                  MSU 5-4
                  SIU 3-3
                  BU 4-5
                  InSt 4-5
                  IlSt 3-6
                  EU 1-8 (Ouch)
                  goshox - I agree it is tight now but I really don't think UNI is going to stay on the pace they are on now. If we win 2 of 3 against Creighton we will be sitting VERY pretty in the MVC race.

Comment

The weather forecast for the weekend in Omaha is not looking promising for playing three games especially if the first two are 6:30 PM starts. My opinion is we will be fortunate to play two games this weekend barring a drastic change in the forecast. Think Illinois St, only acutally brutal weather conditions for Friday.

With the OU game cancelled, we need to win however many games we play this weekend. GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUBB00
                      The weather forecast for the weekend in Omaha is not looking promising for playing three games especially if the first two are 6:30 PM starts. My opinion is we will be fortunate to play two games this weekend barring a drastic change in the forecast. Think Illinois St, only acutally brutal weather conditions for Friday.

With the OU game cancelled, we need to win however many games we play this weekend. GO SHOX!
                      I think the first two games have a forecast of snow! Sunday doesn't sound that bad, let's play three, a triple-header.

Comment

If we only play 2 games this weekend I am sure then one of the top 3 pitchers will pitch against Nebraska on Tuesday. :D

Comment

^^^^^Which would be awesome. Nebraska fans are really getting a big head right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X