2017 MLB Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 MLB Draft

Ben Hecht was just selected in the 12th round by the Cubs. First Shocker to be drafted.

That will probably be one we lose. Do others agree or think we might have a chance to get him back for his R-Sr season?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
      That will probably be one we lose. Do others agree or think we might have a chance to get him back for his R-Sr season?
      I'd be surprised if he doesn't take it, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
        I would think there is no chance of him coming back......and I wouldn't blame him a bit.

Comment

That is a very good draft for Ben. I would be totally surprised if he doesn't sign.

Comment

Reagan Biechler 31st round pick 926 to the Colorado Rockies
            THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Landon Holifield on twitter:

Dreams come true. I'm a Milwaukee Brewer

Comment

Former Shocker Drafted:

Austin Gardner Picked by Yankees in MLB Draft Gardner Selected in Ninth Round by New York Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                  Former Shocker Drafted:

Austin Gardner Picked by Yankees in MLB Draft Gardner Selected in Ninth Round by New York Yankees
                  We could have used a pitcher like this in the bullpen this year. At least we gave him a fair chance before cutting him. He pitched 1 inning for us in 2014.

He pitched for Wichita State as a freshman before transferring to UT-Arlington in 2016 after spending one season in Junior College for his sophomore year. He pitched to a 2.42 ERA in 44.2 innings between the rotation and bullpen at UT-Arlington this season. Gardner struck out 11.08 batters per nine innings and walked 2.01 batters per game.

As a staff WSU struck out 8.47 batters per nine innings and walked 3.84 batters per game.
                  Last edited by shockfan89_; June 15, 2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

The Shocks had one member of their recruiting class drafted. Ronnie Taylor, a 6-3, 215 RHP out of Allen, Texas (ranked as the 30th best pitcher in Texas) was drafted by the Mets at #1,207 in the 40th round. 1,215 players were drafted.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the incoming recruiting class but I suppose it also doesn't necessarily comdemn the incoming recruiting class either.

No idea about whether young Mr. Taylor will sign or not. Not sure that it is a big deal if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      The Shocks had one member of their recruiting class drafted. Ronnie Taylor, a 6-3, 215 RHP out of Allen, Texas (ranked as the 30th best pitcher in Texas) was drafted by the Mets at #1,207 in the 40th round. 1,215 players were drafted.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the incoming recruiting class but I suppose it also doesn't necessarily comdemn the incoming recruiting class either.

No idea about whether young Mr. Taylor will sign or not. Not sure that it is a big deal if he does.
                      Well, I guess you could look at this a couple different ways. 1. Not a big deal if he signs since he was in the last 10 drafted. 2. If this is really our best incoming pitcher, it would really suck if he signed... :)

Comment

Working...
                      X