Walker steps down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walker's leaving

We have a nephew in Fayetteville, AR. He & his wife have a daughter who is in classes taught by Walker's wife. It's either Cheer or Dance. My recollection is that Walker's wife commuted to Fayetteville fairly frequently like ever 2 weeks or so to conduct her classes.

Comment

Last year it was get rid of Kemnitz. This year is get rid of Walker. Maybe after next season WSU will fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        Last year it was get rid of Kemnitz. This year is get rid of Walker. Maybe after next season WSU will fix the problem.
        I'll guess Steele is the problem identified next year.

Comment

Pretty sure next year is THE last year. Just from what I heard last week.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            Pretty sure next year is THE last year. Just from what I heard last week.
            Which was what from whom if you can say? He might as well just promote Codey McElroy to be his assistant. It would seemingly be very difficult to attract anyone with any experience if they are halfway paying attention.

Comment

Give the job to Kemnitz. He's already getting paid, so he'd more or less be "free". Then he can teach the catchers how to call a game, so Butler wouldn't have to do that. Butler can take over teaching hitting. Kemnitz can "advise" (as in mandate) in-game management. He couldn't possibly be worse at that than Butler. Might make Steele a little uncomfortable, but I think that shoip has already sailed.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

ADDB's public, unwavering support for HCTB makes a little more sense now, especially if ADDB knew Walker was going to "walk" at the end of the season. It appears it will be hard enough to bring in an assistant for one season when I'm sure most people are aware of the pending change. Kind of makes you wonder why we didn't/couldn't convince Walker to stay one more year?

Comment

Walker may have wanted to get out while he could. There may be a future for him in the profession if he's not here when Butler goes down. "Left for personal reasons" is a little better on the resume than "fired along with head coach".
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It has been a little over a month, has anyone heard anything about the Assistant Coach position? I assumed this would be filled pretty quickly, especially if the events occurred as reported and Walker stepped down for family reasons. I would assume that didn't come as a surprise to HCTB and he had some advance notice...

Comment

Working...
                    X