Fire Todd Butler? Yes? No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Todd Butler? Yes? No?

Should Todd Butler be fired before the beginning of next season?

EDIT I cannot figure out how to change "folling" to "following" in the poll question.
    Yes
    84.21%
    No
    15.79%
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

I have a pretty good idea what the outcome of this poll will be. Yes will dominate.

Of course, the big question is Will Todd Butler be fired after this season?

Comment

Agreement in a ShockerNet thread. This could be a first.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I have a pretty good idea what the outcome of this poll will be. Yes will dominate.

Of course, the big question is Will Todd Butler be fired after this season?
        I believe that is the question asked in the poll.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          I believe that is the question asked in the poll.
          Maybe. But should he be fired is one thing. Will he be fired another. At least from my perspective. I think he should be fired. I have no idea whether or not he will be fired.

I don't think this poll is telling us anything we did not already know as far as fan sentiment is concerned.

On the Fire Todd Butler thread there have been a number of posts stating they don't think Todd Butler will be fired after this season. Primarily for financial reasons. That doesn't mean those posters don't think he should be fired.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Maybe the real question should be. Can Shockernet raise enough money to pay his buyout if ADDB fires him?

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              Maybe the real question should be. Can Shockernet raise enough money to pay his buyout if ADDB fires him?
              I'm pretty sure we know the answer to that question as well.

Comment

Maybe we should set up a gofundme account.

Comment

I see we now have 3 who say no. Please enlighten the rest of us with your reasoning. I'm not looking to criticize, just looking for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    I see we now have 3 who say no. Please enlighten the rest of us with your reasoning. I'm not looking to criticize, just looking for the input.
                    Apparently the coaching staff has set up ShockerNet accounts.

Comment

I voted yes. You deserve better. College sports are at their best when storied programs are at their finest. Bad Shocker baseball is detrimental to all of college baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Apparently the coaching staff has set up ShockerNet accounts.
                        And Darron Boatright.

Comment

Not unless Charles Koch is a stealth SNer...

Comment

We have plenty of money in the current baseball budget. HCTB contractually gets $358,000 for assistant coaches and DOBO. Continue to pay HCTB's salary of $340,000 over the next 3 years and use the assistant coaches and DOBO money for a new staff.

Head Coach - $175,000
                            Pitching Coach - $80,000
                            Asst Coach - $70,000
                            DOBO - $33,000

Or any combination adding up to $358,000. Problem solved. No additional money required.
                            Last edited by shockfan89_; May 23, 2017, 07:57 AM. Reason: Wichita Eagle reported the wrong amount. The contract states $358,000.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                              We have plenty of money in the current baseball budget. HCTB contractually gets $358,000 for assistant coaches and DOBO. Continue to pay HCTB's salary of $340,000 over the next 3 years and use the assistant coaches and DOBO money for a new staff.

Head Coach - $175,000
                              Pitching Coach - $80,000
                              Asst Coach - $70,000
                              DOBO - $33,000

Or any combination adding up to $358,000. Problem solved. No additional money required.
                              Interesting twist. Surely we could come up with another $100,000 per year.

Head Coach - $200,000
                              Pitching Coach - $100,000
                              Assistant Coach - $100,000
                              DOBO - $58,000

Comment

Working...
                              X