No announcement yet.

Shockers vs. Aces (3 Game Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyer couldn't make contact with a tennis racquet today.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Boyer couldn't make contact with a tennis racquet today.
      Platinum sombrero?

Comment

On to the 17th, wow.

Comment

This is one way to help the ERA

Comment

Aces home run. 7-8.

Comment

Welp 8-7 Aces to the bottom of the 17th. Do we have another ankle-biting half rally left in us?

Comment

I am at a high school band concert, how is the game progressing?
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  I am at a high school band concert, how is the game progressing?
                  Lost.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation @SPEShockAlum:
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Went to my 1st game of the season with 2 of my grandsons using the freebies included with my men's basketball season tickets Lasted into the 14th inning.

Game highlights:

1. The Shocks first two runs came on solo home runs by Trey Vickers and Alec Bohm to left center. If I'm not mistaken the same fan gloved both of those well hit balls before they landed.

2. After getting a reprieve on a misplayed foul ball in the 9th Alec Bohm tied the game with a 3-run home into 21st street. I do not believe it is possible to hit a ball harder than that ball was hit using a BBCOR bat. That ball was in a big hurry to leave the yard.

3. Both my grandsons retrieved a foul ball so that made the game worthwhile for them. On the way out my 10 year old grandson gave his ball to a younger child. A kindness that kind of made my day.

Lowlight:

Not sure I have ever seen two players combine for such a bad day at the plate as Jordan Boyer and Travis Young did today. 0-13 with 10 stirketouts (5 each). Kind of painful to watch.

The game should never have gone beyond the 10th inning.

Pretty decent crowd today both in the stands and on the hill but the Shocks play pretty much doused any enthusiasm until the late home run barrage especially the Bohm Bomb. But that enthusiasm was gradually drained out of the stadium as the Shocks failed to capitalize on one opportunity after another in the extra innings.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Other Saturday scores in the Valley:

Missouri State 4 - Indiana State 1 (Missouri State clinches the Valley regular season title)

DBU 6 - Bradley 1

Southern Illinois 5 - Illinois State 0

With the Shocks 7-8, 17-inning loss to Evansville at home today they fall back into a 4th place tie with SIU only 1/2 game ahead of Evansville and blow a golden opportunity to pick up a game on Indiana State.

With SIU playing hapless Illinois State another Shocker loss to Evansville could have the Shocks sitting in 6th place at the end of Sundays games.

With the state of the Shocker pitching staff coming in to this weekend already compromised and now with the strain of today's 17 inning game another Shocker loss on Sunday to Evansville is certainly a good possibility.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Better start so far this afternoon for WSU - Shockers lead 2-0 in the bottom of the 3rd with RBI singles from Schwanke and Jenista, and Robby Evans has looked very sharp so far.

Comment

Johnny Wholestaff giving a pretty good effort again this afternoon. 4-3 WSU to the bottom of the 8th.

Comment

Shocks break it open with a 4 run 8th and lead 8-3 heading to the 9th. All 4 runs came across on 2 out singles.

Comment

Shocks win 8-4.

Missouri State beats ISUb and SIU leads ISUr 8-7 in the bottom of the 8th. If the Salukis hang on, the standings heading into the final weekend will look like:

MSU 17-0
                                DBU 13-5
                                ISUb 10-8
                                WSU 9-9
                                SIU 9-9
                                UE 7-10
                                BU 5-13
                                ISUr 1-17

Shockers own the tiebreaker over SIU so, while they do not totally control their own destiny in the chase for the 3 seed (WSU could take 2 of 3 at ISUb and still finish in the 4 slot if SIU sweeps Bradley in Peoria), they still have the opportunity to avoid the MSU side of the bracket (likely inconsequential but we have to pretend to have something to care about).

I thought this weekend was generally encouraging for a pitching staff that has struggled mightily for a month. The offense was not terrible except for the 10th thru 15th innings yesterday, which ended up being the difference between grabbing the sweep versus 2 of 3.

One more home game this week vs. KSU then off to Terre Haute.

Comment

Working...
                                X