Scoreboard radar gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoreboard radar gun

Is the radar gun on the scoreboard working right?
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Well its hard to say as I dont have a radar gun built into myself to compare for accuracys sake. It tends to be accurate though as long as its not rainy out. It usually seems to be off when its a bit drizzly out. Yesterday it was accurate. Usually if its off, its off by a bit and its pretty easy to tell.

Comment

It's suppose to be right for RH pitchers, a little slow for LH pitchers (1-3 mph is what I believe Gene said on one of his shows).

Comment

I have heard Brent and Gene mention several times that they did not like the Gun. Guys watching it to see how fast they were throwing and not concentrating on the game.

My question is, if the coaching staff does not like it and thinks that it distracts from some pitching performances why do they have it?
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Because the fans love it.

Comment

The one this year tends to match the scouts' guns much more then the gun in years previous.

Comment

It's located to the first base side of home plate. This would explain why it measures a bit low for left-handers.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                the fans loved the dancing girls on the dug out also - so why did they get rid of them?

What I like to see with the radar gun is give doctor numbers. Play with the other team's mind a little.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                  the fans loved the dancing girls on the dug out also - so why did they get rid of them?

What I like to see with the radar gun is give doctor numbers. Play with the other team's mind a little.
                  I'm all for that!

Show 102 mph on a change up.

Show 70 mph on a fast ball.

Show 33mph on everything they throw.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Actually that was not a majority of the fans. I find most of the chairback attendance tends to be of an older variety. Thus the majority of the fans did not like the girls. Now had the girls danced on the outfield hill and not where a majority of the geezers sit then odds are good that they would have lasted longer. But then again there are lots of little ones running around in teh outfield and no doubt plenty of moms wouldnt care for the gyrating sexually injected college girls doing what they did so it was pretty much doomed from the get go unless the crowd was nothing but under 50 males.

Comment

Working...
                    X