$1 beer Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 beer Omaha

Sorry to barge in on the baseball forum. But for those in Omaha going to the Creighton vs WSU game tonight they are selling beer tonight for $1 but only an hour before the game (5:30-6:30)

Attached Files

You're telling me the worst baseball team in modern WSU history is still gonna get Superbowl'd by Creighton?

Classic.

Fev has to be about done in timeout, doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      You're telling me the worst baseball team in modern WSU history is still gonna get Superbowl'd by Creighton?

Classic.

At least Creighton realizes they need to get their fans lubed up before the game to soften what they are about to witness.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 25, 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

The Creighton game has been postponed due to rain until tomorrow night at 6:30 pm. No mention whethter the $1.00 beverage promotion will be repeated tomorrow or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          At least Creighton realizes they need to get their fans lubed up before the game to soften what they are about to witness.
          Best baseball thread post of the year.

Comment

Creighton and alcohol. That's a first. That school is effectively the country's largest AA meeting, more or less.

Comment

I had three of those $1 beers. Along with the $8 parking, $10 ticket and expensive pizza after the rainout. Good times.

Comment

I see they've stretched this in to a 3 day vacation. Probably gonna need a rest day of no school or practice on Thursday as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Classic.

maybe I asked this, but when/why did the timeout happen?(hate to hijack, disregard if needs )

Comment

Slightly off topic, but if you would happen to go to a Louisville baseball game (you know, the #2 team in the country right now), they have free admission (and parking) for every game and $2 beer at every game. I really wish Wichita State borrowed from Louisville on these points (oh, and on the quality of baseball these days, too)!

Comment

Originally posted by Wichita Muskie View Post
                      Slightly off topic, but if you would happen to go to a Louisville baseball game (you know, the #2 team in the country right now), they have free admission (and parking) for every game and $2 beer at every game. I really wish Wichita State borrowed from Louisville on these points (oh, and on the quality of baseball these days, too)!
                      They do have a little more revenue to throw around, but I get your point.

Comment

Wow! I think we pay $6 or $7 per beer and $8 to $12 to get in. That's a big difference for a family of four!!!

Comment

I would be pretty happy with $4-5 beer at an event (WSU or otherwise). I don't mind vendors making a profit but it irritates me when they want to gouge me for $7 or more for a mediocre beer.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Throughout the year I have considered this a pretty sure win on our schedule just from looking at Creighton's record and RPI. I didn't realize they are 3-3 against the top 50 RPI and 5-5 against the top 100. They are 17-5 since March 17, and have won 10 games in a row including 3 top 50 RPI wins (Nebraska and 2 over Saint John). I am still pretty confident in this one being a win, but playing on the road against a hot team definitely concerns me.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              I would be pretty happy with $4-5 beer at an event (WSU or otherwise). I don't mind vendors making a profit but it irritates me when they want to gouge me for $7 or more for a mediocre beer.
                              Who says it's just the vendors creating the "gouging"?

You want big time sports at a school that's not P5, the monies to support it will have to come from a lot of sources.

Comment

Working...
                              X