• Upsets - Saturday 4/5

#1 Arizona State lost to Stanford 12-2
    #6 Vanderbilt lost to Mississippi 7-6
    #6 Vanderbilt lost to #27 Mississippi 8-0
    #7 South Carolina lost to Georgia 1-0
    #7 South Carolina lost to Georgia 5-4
    #9 Long Beach State lost to UC Riverside 6-4
    #10 Missouri lost to #23 Oklahoma State 6-2

The ASU loss was just their second of the season. But take note: ASU played 26 of their first 28 games at home. They are undoubtedly a great team, but it's time to see how good they are on the road.

Cal State Fullerton (ex UC Irvine coach) is at UC Irvine this weekend.
    "Oh, is that who we're playing?" he deadpanned on Wednesday afternoon. "As it gets closer, I'm starting to realize how big it is. I just called over to the ticket office just to find out what our comp list will be for family and friends, and they've already pre-sold 2,100 tickets. A friend of mine over there said what they draw this weekend might be more than all their athletic programs have drawn all year long.

Comment

Only 2100?

Isn't that what we draw to cold-weather games?
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
        Only 2100?

Isn't that what we draw to cold-weather games?
        Isn't that interesting?

According to the box score, their game today drew 2608.

Paid attendance for today's WSU game was 4238.

Comment

I wouldn't say that AZ state game is an upset. Stanford is a damn good team, their record is misleading (having played the 4th most difficult schedule). They have won games against Nebraska 2X, Texas 2X, Fullerton 3X, Long Beach 1X and Wash. St., 2X.

But your right, I look for AZ States' record to get some more L's when they play more away from home.

Comment

The same can certainly be said of Mississippi, who was ranked #2 in the nation earlier this season. Georgia, UC Riverside, and Oklahoma State are also good teams.

Comment

Speaking of Stanford I wonder if Milleville wishes he had chose wsu now. He not getting much time up there. No doubt he is getting a great education though and I think that was why he chose Stanford.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                Speaking of Stanford I wonder if Milleville wishes he had chose wsu now. He not getting much time up there. No doubt he is getting a great education though and I think that was why he chose Stanford.
                That is probably that is overlooked a lot of times. Maybe he realizes he won't be a MLB player and a Stanford education goes a long way.

Comment

With the potential and intelligence the kid has I would think had he come here to Catcher U he would have a great shot at it. He still may as Maybe they are just that deep at catcher that the best high school catcher in teh country has to ride the pine till hes an upper classman. Stanford has a very very good and talented team every year.

Comment

Working...
                  X