No announcement yet.

wsu vs mo st game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly but it was a W. I was afraid of this one after yesterday's heartbreaker. Our relief pitching does have issues minus Khol Nanney. It's nice to see us almost hit 20 runs in a game.. maybe the game on Friday was just what we needed to get these guys pissed.

We need tomorrow. I'll be pissed if we don't get it.

:goshocks:
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

well, I had held off on bringing this subject up, but since one of the previous posts mentioned it (re: defensive lapses)....

if our 'official scorer' applied the rules more correctly (see below), then Conor should have had yet another error charged also (on the foul pop that he called for and let drop, then the batter singled)......

just because a guy can hit, and can sometimes make 'great plays', doesn't mean he gets a pass on all of the plays that aren't made.....(and there have been other instances besides this one already this season)....

excerpt: NCAA Baseball Scoring Rules

ERROR
      SECTION 16. a. An error is charged against any fielder (pitchers included) for each misplay that prolongs the time at bat of the batter or the time as a runner of a base runner or permits a runner to advance one or more bases.

Note 2: It is not necessary that the fielder touch the ball to be charged with an error. If a ground ball goes through a fielder’s legs or a pop fly falls untouched and, in the scorer’s judgment, the fielder could have handled the ball with ordinary effort, an error should be charged.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just CG - (I'm just using this situation as an example here).....all in all, IMO, this team's defense is not nearly as good as the 'hype' that's been put out....

(and for that matter, neither is the bullpen, as we're starting to see, but that's another whole subject)

So, now that we're starting to play more teams that can hit the ball a little harder, (and more often - so they will tend to rack up fewer K's), the pressure on our defense is going to go way up....

hopefully, we'll be up to the task.
      although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Working...
      X