No announcement yet.

Shox vs Bears Game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that sucked, owe well we new the streak would end sometime, just need to take care of business tomorrow and Sunday and start another long winning streak. Gave it a good fight, nice comeback, little concerned about the bullpen, but 19 in a row is 19 in a row.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

I can't stand losing games like this. We had this game won and blew it then can't get the key pitching and hitting to win the game.

I'd rather have been blown out than watch the Shox piss the game away on their own. Oh well, with south winds gusting up to 40 MPH tomorrow, it appears a high scoring game may be in the works. I'm just hoping the Bears bottom of the line up doesn't kill us again by hitting pop flys that blow over the fence.

Comment

That pitch to end the ninth was high!!

Comment

Frustrating game. Hopefully they rebound with continual focus.

Go Shocks!!!!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

We'll see what this team is made of. It was not a very well played game by the Shox. Some misplayed balls in the OF, (BTW who stuck Kenny Waddel in RF), lack of clutch hitting and of course the continued meltdown of the bullpen pitching.

There were some positives (SP, the 9th inning comeback) but it will all be overshadowed by what could have been. I worry about Shafer tomorrow as he's the one I figured would most likely get beat this weekend.

Comment

SB - Lay off of Jones, did you see when he planted his foot on the throw to home it slipped out from under him. *%*# happens. If you saw his reaction, you know that he was pissed about it as well. Dirksy also slipped on a throw in the 10th, maybe someone should talk to the ground crew and tell them to mow the darn grass short. With the speed of our outfield, it won't get by them and we wouldn't have to deal with wet slippery grass in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                We'll see what this team is made of. It was not a very well played game by the Shox. Some misplayed balls in the OF, (BTW who stuck Kenny Waddel in RF), lack of clutch hitting and of course the continued meltdown of the bullpen pitching.

There were some positives (SP, the 9th inning comeback) but it will all be overshadowed by what could have been. I worry about Shafer tomorrow as he's the one I figured would most likely get beat this weekend.
                I totally agree. With winds blowing out tomorrow, AS better find his control or we will lose the series.

Comment

Grrr

If ever there was a sport for which the saying that s(tuff) happens was invented, it's baseball -- with its long season and endless parade of individual plays and situations, any one of which can turn out to be crucial -- and this game proves it.

Very disappointing not to win it in the 9th (or for that matter to have only two runs going into the 9th), and then to give it immediately back away in the 10th. But I guess if Coleman has to swing at a pitch up instead of accepting the game-winning walk, better now than in the third game of a super regional. He seems like a smart kid and quick learner with pretty good baseball sense, so maybe that faux pas tonight will stick in his memory and be replaced with a better AB at a key time in a more critical game somewhere down the line.

Comment

Just thought i would say that I thought Workman hurt us more tonight than our bullpen. Right now he is by far the worst baserunner on this team with Kenny being a close second. Its so frustrating because I just know that if Weber isnt on in front of him hes gonna get picked. It almost seems automatic right now. He had some good hacks at the plate though and rode a few that tryed to challenge the fence. He messed a couple things up tonight late on defense. Once on a routine play that he just needs to field let the runner score and take the out at first. He rushed the ball to hard and blew it when he had no chance at a double play everyone is safe and that hurt. Turns out that gave them another out to sacrifice far an additional run. Later he ran to far out into right field and looked to call ryan off the ball and they both kinda were like hmmm whos gonna pick up that ball laying between us. Again an additional base given up and a much more dangerous threat at third base now. The relief pitching looked worse than it was because the defense behind it stunk particularly late in the game. A very frustrating loss no doubt about it. I really do think it was a good painful loss though and i think those are the best kind and will stick in the guys craw the most. I expect a much more determined and focused group of guys tomorrow. We were due though for a loss and I was impressed with MSU tonight at the plate. Not a bad loss in my book to a pretty good team. Lets hope the guys are pissed tomorrow and ready to kick it up a notch and make smarter plays in the field.

Comment

• Our relief pitching is scary and not good. I knew that would be our one main liability. Holding MSU to 2 runs through 8 innings, and 4 through 9 should've been enough.. :roll:

We play a decent opponent and we all of a sudden can't hit anything. This was a frustrating one to watch piss away.

Dusty Coleman did not have a good game. Just a very, very bad offensive showing tonight, especially the swing on ball 4 that would've gave us the win.

Ya, RJ"s throw hopefully was just a muff or something, because I've seen softball players throw a ball farther than that with their arms tied together.

Very frustrating. I knew the streak was gonna end sometime. Predictably, it happens thanks to our relief pitching, and to some extent, our lack of key hitting. Just too bad it had to come to an end in a pivotal, and I mean pivotal conference series.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The streak was going to end, I definitely don't have a problem with that. It's the way we lost that stings. For those who still think our relief pitching is good, or they have turned the corner, you better check yoself. It appears this relief crew is a Jeckyl and Hyde and come Tourney and Regional time, when we will be facing great teams, many of us will either go bald or gray having to sweat bullets watching if they can hold on.

Please, please Mr. Shafer.....figure out what is wrong and pitch like we know you can. We need this series bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddog44
                          SB - Lay off of Jones,
                          I didn't know Jones was untouchable. As many good nights he has out in the field, last night was not one of them with two of his throws he made. You can make up whatever excuse you want, but both team were playing on the same field.

The saving grace He did hit well, especially in the clutch unlike some other in the lineup.

Comment

• t7017s call on defense is right on. Pitching was :( but there was more.

Comment

• I didn't know Jones was untouchable. As many good nights he has out in the field, last night was not one of them with two of his throws he made.
                              I think that until he can demonstrate that he can throw a ball from the outfield to the infield he should be referred to at Ryan Waddell-Jones.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
                              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X