No announcement yet.

WSU at LSU (Game 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And our facilities, coaching salaries, fan support (well until we hit the tank) are all right in line with the top of collegiate baseball. Other schools may *care* more, but we care just as much. I think we know why the reason we are the way we are right now.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      The problem is there are more schools that care about baseball now than back in the good ol' days. Lots of warm weather states to compete with now.
      That just an excuse. More people care about basketball and I don't see that hampering WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        That just an excuse. More people care about basketball and I don't see that hampering WSU.
        I didn't say that they care about baseball more than other sports, just that they've started investing more into their baseball programs.

Obviously, WSU should be doing better than they are at the moment. My only point was that it may be harder to get back to old WSU levels today, because interest in baseball has picked up.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Maybe so, but at least Gene was giving us conference championships and NCAA regional berths even in his final year.
          Oh, the current production is nowhere near what WSU would expect. I only wanted to point out that since they have fallen, it might be harder to get back up this time around with more schools putting $$$ in baseball.

Not that it will never happen, but I doubt it will be a quick fix.
          The Assman

Comment

Score?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Score?
              LSU 12 - WSU 5. All 5 WSU runs scored in the 9th inning thanks primarily to the generosity of the LSU relief pitcher. No doubt not on of their frontliners.

Comment

I only wanted to point out that since they have fallen, it might be harder to get back up this time around with more schools putting $$$ in baseball.
                Facts don't support that more teams are putting more money in baseball (except at the very top end). If you start looking at spending in baseball you see baseball is financial challenged. If any program is going to be cut, it has been baseball. Even at 11.7 scholarships - most programs are not fully funded with some programs at 3-4 scholarships. Chew on this comparison for WSU ROI.

WSU had been a program that had gotten a greater return on it's what it invested. They not even close to getting a break-even return on investement.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Facts don't support that more teams are putting more money in baseball (except at the very top end).
                  Isn't that who we are trying to compete against?
                  The Assman

Comment

Isn't that who we are trying to compete against?
                    It is who we would like to compete against. The program has invested to try and keep up with the top programs. But reality is WSU struggles against schools who put very little into their programs.

Now if WSU was making the NCAA tournament every year (which is consistent with the program investment), and we were complaining about not getting to the CWS, then your argument would probably have merit. But this hasn't been the case - this program hasn't been at-large material since 2008.
                    Last edited by SB Shock; March 12, 2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X