No announcement yet.

Utah Valley vs WSU [Game 3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hecht in for the 9th to try to close it out.

Comment

Welp. They got the sweep. Can't be mad about that. Not exactly a dominant weekend, but that's alright if you can get the Ws.

Biggest positive takeaway has to be guys coming in out of the bullpen, throwing strikes, and getting outs. 10 total free passes by the pitching staff this weekend. The stuff they were doing last year in that department made them darn near impossible to listen to or watch.

Comment

Shox complete the sweep with a 6-5 win.

Terrific job coming back today, so happy for our guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Biggest positive takeaway has to be guys coming in out of the bullpen, throwing strikes, and getting outs. 10 total free passes by the pitching staff this weekend. The stuff they were doing last year in that department made them darn near impossible to listen to or watch.
          Total ignorance question here. What would be a targeted number of walks to stay under for a weekend series?

But yes, it's amazing what happens when you throw strikes.

Like mentioned, not dominant by any stretch, but getting wins is satisfying.
          78-65

Comment

Good start by the Shocks. They probably would have lost Game 1 and Game 3 of this series last year. Another stellar job by the bullpen today and the offense did just enough to complete the comeback.

Top part of the lineup came through today. Glad to see a few of the guys taking the ball to the opposite field.

Doesn't hurt to have some tight, competitive games early especially if they result in wins.

Comment

A win is a win. It was a nice comeback.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I listened to the game while I prepped our early spring garden beds and turned over the compost pile. I am pleased to be 3-0 heading into the Grand Canyon series. As Shane Dennis said on the post game, "the Shockers made the plays when they had to"; which is already an improvement over last year. It may have been because I working and listening but it seemed like we still had a few too many K's while looking. Again, this may not be the case as I was not paying close attention as I worked. It seems with each passing season that the physical work requires more than the previous season. :)

For those who were able to watch in person, did I just happen to catch the few K's while looking or were there a few too many lookers?

3-0 while not expecting a barn burner of a season, it is a nice place to be.

Go Shocks!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Nice catch by the fan on the hill of that HR
                  The catch just got played on SportsCenter!

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    I listened to the game while I prepped our early spring garden beds and turned over the compost pile. I am pleased to be 3-0 heading into the Grand Canyon series. As Shane Dennis said on the post game, "the Shockers made the plays when they had to"; which is already an improvement over last year. It may have been because I working and listening but it seemed like we still had a few too many K's while looking. Again, this may not be the case as I was not paying close attention as I worked. It seems with each passing season that the physical work requires more than the previous season. :)

For those who were able to watch in person, did I just happen to catch the few K's while looking or were there a few too many lookers?

3-0 while not expecting a barn burner of a season, it is a nice place to be.

Go Shocks!
                    I didn't make it out to the park today, but the most promising thing to me about Friday and Saturday were our guys making contact and putting the ball in play. While they have a long way to go, I do think this team should be competitive this year which is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                      The catch just got played on SportsCenter!
                      Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        Link?

Comment

Gracias

Comment

Shocks might have missed a chance for a little bit of fun at Greyson's expense there. All in good fun of course with the appropirate atta boys to follow.

Comment

Have I ever mentioned that I hate those home grays? I haven't. Well now you know.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                                Have I ever mentioned that I hate those home grays? I haven't. Well now you know.
                                Not as much as I hate the gray hats. Are we playing for the Confederate Army? Or the St. Louis Grays?

Comment

Working...
                                X