• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls- 3/31/08

Up to #12 in the baseball america poll.

Still at #11 in the coaches poll.

Comment

Surely a sweep this week will put us in the top 8. I figured we would hit top 10 with all the loses.

Comment

Up to #6

Comment

Up to #8

Comment

Shockwaves
            WSU moves to No. 12
            WSU’s 6-0 week was good enough to move up four spots to No 12 in the Baseball America poll .

Arizona dropped from No. 6 to No. 18 after losing four of five last week, including two to the “orange-clad no-goodniks” of Oklahoma State (as a former beat writer labeled the Cowboys during the heated days of that rivalry).
            Texas dropped two of three to Nebraska at home and fell from No. 13 to No. 16.
            Rice lost three of four last week and fell three spots to No. 15. Southern Miss won two at Rice.
            San Diego lost two of three to Santa Clara to fall three spots to No. 17.
            No. 15 Ole Miss, No. 2 in the nation not too long ago, fell out of the poll after losing six of nine. One of those losses was to future WSU opponent Central Arkansas. The Rebels are 6-8 since losing two of three at home to TCU early last month.
            TCU, however, is not helping WSU’s strength of schedule as much as it could. The Horned Frogs lost two 7-6 games at UNLV over the weekend and are 2-4 in the Mountain West.
            In other (The Eagle uses Baseball America to avoid confusion and be consistent) polls, WSU is No. 8 in Collegiate Baseball and No. 11 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll. That’s a great spot for the Shockers. As everybody knows, it will mean a lot more if they maintain that neighborhood over the next two weeks.

Comment

This puts WSU in nice position. They just need to be able to maintain it.

Comment

Rivals is funny to read because they are so dumb. For example:

Mattin...xander
                Post #282
                Knoxville, TN
                MyFanPage
                Add Buddy
                Re: top ten guess Reply
                One thing that's surprised me in some other polls, a massive climb of Wichita State:
                They moved to #8 from #16 on CBN
                to #12 from #16 on BBA

I know someone will want to start a fight because of my opinion, but man... I will give them credit for having a single game against ASU scheduled and they have a one game job with Kansas their next game, then another against the jayhawks about 21 days later. They also have one game matches against Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & Nebraska later in the season, but that's it. I'll say right now, they will lose most of those games if not all. If they don't, I'll eat my hat, but you'll just have to take my word on that.

So what is it? They haven't played a strong schedule at all so far, the only team they've played that's a good team in most peoples eyes is LBS and LBS swept them.

Anyone else think they're being given to much credit?
                This post was edited on 3/31 7:02 PM by MattinglyAlexander

Link: Wichita Schedule
                Posted on 3/31 4:36 PM | IP: Logged

I got a good laugh. I wonder what kind of hat that person wears. I'm sorry "Mattin...xander" does not know how to count because WSU plays OU on 4/9 and on 4/30 and 1+1=2 except, apparently, in Knoxville, TN.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

That's why.. as mentioned many times here.. that Rivals is more of a 'get a laugh' site than an actual 'fact' site.

I see good ol' Kendall Rogers is up with the mainstream and jumped us all the way to No.21.

I agree that our schedule hasn't been the toughest, but it's also pretty tough winning 17 games in a row.. especially in baseball.

Maybe someone should put together all the less than impressive losses some of the Top 10 teams have endured thus far.. starting with the glorious Arizona State Sundevils and their loss to Northern Colorado..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Anyone know much about our top recruit according to this site?

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                      Rivals is funny to read because they are so dumb. For example:

Mattin...xander
                      Post #282
                      Knoxville, TN
                      MyFanPage
                      Add Buddy
                      Re: top ten guess Reply
                      One thing that's surprised me in some other polls, a massive climb of Wichita State:
                      They moved to #8 from #16 on CBN
                      to #12 from #16 on BBA

I know someone will want to start a fight because of my opinion, but man... I will give them credit for having a single game against ASU scheduled and they have a one game job with Kansas their next game, then another against the jayhawks about 21 days later. They also have one game matches against Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & Nebraska later in the season, but that's it. I'll say right now, they will lose most of those games if not all. If they don't, I'll eat my hat, but you'll just have to take my word on that.

So what is it? They haven't played a strong schedule at all so far, the only team they've played that's a good team in most peoples eyes is LBS and LBS swept them.

Anyone else think they're being given to much credit?
                      This post was edited on 3/31 7:02 PM by MattinglyAlexander

Link: Wichita Schedule
                      Posted on 3/31 4:36 PM | IP: Logged

I got a good laugh. I wonder what kind of hat that person wears. I'm sorry "Mattin...xander" does not know how to count because WSU plays OU on 4/9 and on 4/30 and 1+1=2 except, apparently, in Knoxville, TN.

You want another good laugh about Tennessee fans?

Bottom line....still bitter. I bet we didn't deserve the credit then either.

Rocky bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                        http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/collegebaseball/2008/rankings/college_recruit_rankings_32108.aspx

There is a little discussion about him on goshockers:

In his career at Shawnee Heights High School, Cooper has an 11-2 record with a 1.05 ERA and 106 strikeouts. He earned Louisville Slugger honorable mention All-America honors in 2007 along with being a three-time first team all-city league selection and a two-time first team all-state selection. He played in the invitation-only Cape Cod Classic and also played in the Area Code Games in Long Beach, Calif., the past two summers and was named to the all-tournament team this year.
                        WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State has received a national letter-of-intent from 11 baseball players in the early signing period, Head Coach Gene Stephenson announced Nov. 20.

Comment

http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/collegebaseball/2008/rankings/college_recruit_rankings_32108.aspx

Their system of ranking recruiting classes is pretty idiotic. Since it is just a total of points assigned to the players a school has signed, it has more to do with the number of recruits signed than the quality.

Does anyone think that Louisville with 7 signees and 5 in the top 200 is really the 36th best recruiting class, which K-State with 13 signees and 0 in the top 200 is the 27th best?
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

Their system of ranking recruiting classes is pretty idiotic. Since it is just a total of points assigned to the players a school has signed, it has more to do with the number of recruits signed than the quality.

Does anyone think that Louisville with 7 signees and 5 in the top 200 is really the 36th best recruiting class, which K-State with 13 signees and 0 in the top 200 is the 27th best?
                            It does seem that quantity over quality trumps on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

It does seem that quantity over quality trumps on this site.

It's flat crazy to try and rank every player that's signed with a college in order 1-1,585.

Comment

Working...
                              X