No announcement yet.

Pelfrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what the Wichita State mascot is?

I would look it up, I just don't feel like looking at the top of my browser, or the bottom of the last post, or the website name I typed in to get here...

Or, even better, the T-Shirt I happen to be wearing tonight.

Oh well, maybe I'll get up and look in the mirror to make it easier!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Maybe I'd prefer to ask someone on here than just do a Google search. Sometimes people say interesting things that are also informative and spark conversations...

I tell ya, communication's dying here...
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Pelfrey grew up in Wichita, Kansas where he graduated from Wichita Heights High School in 2002. He was named player of the year in Kansas in both 2001 and 2002. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 15th round of the 2002 MLB Amateur Draft, but chose to attend Wichita State University instead of signing a professional contract. In college, he compiled a career record of 33-7, with a school record 2.18 ERA, 366 strikeouts, and 69 walks in 359 2/3 innings.

That took all of 2.3 seconds, but comes with additional information:

Nate Robertson, from Maize, pitched for the Tigers tonight (that's Detroit for those that don't want to look it up) against the Red Sox (Boston), but didn't have a great night. Gave up 4 ER in 5 1/3.

Also...It rained in Wichita today.

Comment

OUCH! I think we are all ready for spring weather about now! :-)

Comment

The Mets message board has a thread about the game. A lot of people were mentioning Pelfrey's fastball was not what we are accustomed to seeing. His FB's were in the high 80's and an occasional 90 - 91 would pop up. Wondered if he has learned to tone the speed down to be more accurate instead of throwing his 93-95 stuff and be all over the plate. Or, is there something wrong with his arm.

Comment

Before last night's performance most Mets fans were extremely dissapointed in Pelfrey. They thought he was a bad draft choice and most think he will never make it. I told a friend (Mets fan) to be patient while he develops, but as most of you know New Yorkers aren't exactly the most patient people out there.

Comment

Well from what i watched (the whole game while he was in) the other night his fastball was clocking 91-93 all night according to the rader on the scoreboard at the top of the screen. Maybe the radar at the park was reading a little lower or something. I was surprised it wasnt his 95-97 that was regular last year. I'm not sure what the deal is but he has taken some off for sure either way.

Comment

I saw him clocking in at 95 a couple times, but I definitely think he's more effective when he takes some mph off of it and gives it some time to move. Once he hits his stride and learns to have control consistently, he will be one to remember in the Bigs.
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

4/15

Mike Pelfrey pitched seven innings of shutout ball to get the win against the Nationals on Tuesday.
                    Pelfrey struck out four, walked two, and brought his ERA down to 1.50. He showed nice poise in getting out of a bases-loaded jam by popping up Ryan Zimmerman and striking out Nick Johnson.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Expert recap and game analysis of the New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals MLB game from April 15, 2008 on ESPN.

Comment

Looper wins!

Expert recap and game analysis of the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Milwaukee Brewers MLB game from April 15, 2008 on ESPN.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Robertson pitches (3 former Shockers start tonight in the bigs) :good:

"Tigers starter Nate Robertson left after 6 1/3 innings with tightness in his left lat muscle and will be evaluated further on Wednesday. He said he first felt it pull on a pitch in the sixth and it tightened up in the seventh.

"I don't think it's anything too serious," Detroit manager Jim Leyland said.

Robertson allowed four runs on six hits, walking one and striking out five."

Expert recap and game analysis of the Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins MLB game from April 15, 2008 on ESPN.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Nats commentators were giving HUGE props to the WSU program. Also mentioned the NBC tourney a few times.

Comment

Pelfrey is the scheduled starter for the Mets in the Sunday Night ESPN game against the Phillies. Pelfrey is getting a lot of time on ESPN so far. I wish him luck, but I need my Phillies to take this series against the Mets this weekend. Hopefully Mike gets a no decision in a 3-2 Phillies win.

Comment

Mike got roughed up a bit last night by Chase Utley, but escaped with a no-decision. Mike gave up 10 hits in 5 innings to the Phillies, but it was Utley's solo home run in the first and his 3-run shot in the 5th that accounted for all of the runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X