Triples galore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triples galore!

I love how many triples this team is hitting!

2001 - 18 triples in 66 games
    2002 - 15 triples in 64 games
    2003 - 19 triples in 73 games
    2004 - 13 triples in 65 games
    2005 - 11 triples in 75 games
    2006 - 20 triples in 68 games
    2007 - 18 triples in 75 games
    2008 - 18 triples in 22 games - Nice pace so far!

If you aren't already amazed at the history of this program, realize that this team would need 13 more triples just to break into the TOP 10 of all time yearly Shocker records.

The team has led the NCAAs in triples 7 times. The all time Shocker record of 67 is probably safe.

Nevertheless, the way this team approaches the game, especially at the plate, is something we haven't seen in quite a while.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I want to say now that in my mind, we are +1 triples because C.G. got robbed on a ground rule double. He was around 2nd by the time the ball bounced.

Comment

From the NCAA Baseball rules book:

Each runner is entitled to two bases:
        (1) If a fair ball bounces over or passes through a fence, unless local
        ground rules stipulate otherwise
        "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          If you aren't already amazed at the history of this program, realize that this team would need 13 more triples just to break into the TOP 10 of all time yearly Shocker records.

The team has led the NCAAs in triples 7 times. The all time Shocker record of 67 is probably safe.

Nevertheless, the way this team approaches the game, especially at the plate, is something we haven't seen in quite a while.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
          Is 67 an NCAA record? That's a whole heckuva lot there.

Comment

67 is the NCAA record (set in 1980). WSU also holds the top three marks in doubles.

In fact, just looking over the NCAA record book, it is remarkable how many categories WSU holds the NCAA record in, and more incredible how many we have the majority of the top 5 to 10 listed in each category.

You can view or download the NCAA record book here.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Remember that we played a lot more games back then. And also there wasn't the parity there is today. And also we played a lot of Div II teams.

Just putting things in context.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                Remember that we played a lot more games back then. And also there wasn't the parity there is today. And also we played a lot of Div II teams.

Just putting things in context.
                True.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Is there a record book for when they played 70 or 80 games compared to the current total?

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker
                    From the NCAA Baseball rules book:

Each runner is entitled to two bases:
                    (1) If a fair ball bounces over or passes through a fence, unless local
                    ground rules stipulate otherwise
                    I know what the rules say. He got a bad hop is what I'm saying. Had the ball not gone over, it would have been a stand up triple. Had it taken a funny bounce, in the park HR would have been the call.

Comment

Working...
                    X