No announcement yet.

NDSU - Game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shox did exactly what they should have done tonight. 14 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

yes these games help us. they develop pitching and help develop depth. ndsu played ujs close 2 years back

also helps tighten the screws and get your D get solid etc.

any time someone here questions gene and bk's anything, I chuckle. One of the greatest coaches in the history of the game and you know better?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
        yes these games help us. they develop pitching and help develop depth. ndsu played ujs close 2 years back

also helps tighten the screws and get your D get solid etc.

any time someone here questions gene and bk's anything, I chuckle. One of the greatest coaches in the history of the game and you know better?
        I feel the exact same way Rosewood, Gene and Brent know what they are doing and I think have earned the benefit of the doubt for most every decision they make. Plus with the uniform start date and most teams starting conference play I doubt it was real easy to find a "tougher" team to play a weekend series with, we will get plenty of tests and I am positive we will be ready for tournament time.

Comment

gene called tweb out and moved him down a spot. look at how he responded!

stuck behind a train at 21st

Comment

This team really does seem to like playing together and really care about each other. Tweb in his post game comments talked about how lucky he was to play with such a great group of guys. Really close knit teams, hopefully they do some really special things.

Comment

Great game. 3 more to go. 8) 8) 8)

Comment

Im the taco tico section and we got a hit

but defensive lapses cost us 3

still 8 to 3
                1 out 1 one kwj up 5th
                My section was the Taco Tico section last game, but I sat out in the out field...do they hand out coupons to everyone in the section?

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                  But playing teams like North Dakota State and Emporia State don't really help us get ready for the NCAA tournament, nor when we have to play tougher teams this year. I'd rather Gene play a tougher schedule, take a few on the chin, and prepare the guys more for the postseason.
                  Seeing live pitching that aren't your teammates is always good. More live reps on defense are good. Getting live innings for bullpen pitchers is good.

Baseball is all about confidence in your own ability and getting on a roll -- getting 9 men confident at the plate is good. A few blowouts give an opportunity for lots of guys to play - that might not matter this year, but it will matter a lot in 2009.

Back when the Shox first started getting to regionals and the CWS, there were many, many games vs. non-D1 competition. Gene and Brent have a plan and I'll defer to their 1600+ wins.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                    But playing teams like North Dakota State and Emporia State don't really help us get ready for the NCAA tournament, nor when we have to play tougher teams this year. I'd rather Gene play a tougher schedule, take a few on the chin, and prepare the guys more for the postseason.
                    Emporia State was brought in to fill in the one of the canceled Fordham games. As already mentioned, there isn't a lot to pick from in the nonconference in late March when other conferences are going full swing into their conference schedules.

As for tougher schedule, WSU has managed to hold on to a Top 20 RPI for most of the way. They play ranked foes Oklahoma State, Nebraska, and top-ranked Arizona State... with other good teams receiving votes: Oral Roberts, Oklahoma, and Missouri State.

Do you even follow baseball? Is it possible to post something positive on this site at all, whatsoever?

Anyways.. Nice win. A couple of unearned runs in there, but our bats are still there. That's a good sign.

Let's sweep tomorrow.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                      Im the taco tico section and we got a hit

but defensive lapses cost us 3

still 8 to 3
                      1 out 1 one kwj up 5th
                      My section was the Taco Tico section last game, but I sat out in the out field...do they hand out coupons to everyone in the section?
                      Yes. Want mine?

Comment

one thing i like, is how it seems like anyone on this team can just explode in a game.
                        Its great seeing ryan jones hit like he is.
                        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                          Gene and Brent have a plan
                          They have a plan

I hope someone gets the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                            Gene and Brent have a plan
                            They have a plan

I hope someone gets the reference.
                            Just started season 3 on dvd. :yahoo: It looks awesome.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Seven inning games are tough we need to score early.
                              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                                Seven inning games are tough we need to score early.
                                We did. First inning runs in both games.

Comment

Working...
                                X