Kemnitz donates to facility improvement project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemnitz donates to facility improvement project

WICHITA, Kan. - Former WSU pitching coach Brent Kemnitz is so convinced of the merits of the Eck Stadium renovation project at Wichita State University that he has donated $25,000 to the fundraising campaign for it.

Man, the Baseball forum is a sad and lonely place these days. Has anyone seen any renderings of this final phase?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      Man, the Baseball forum is a sad and lonely place these days. Has anyone seen any renderings of this final phase?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shocker Baseball is going to rise again; I guarantee it!
        I’m starting to feel it again in my old bones…

Comment

Wow. I still have a championsip t shirt in near mint condition. What a great time to be a Shocker.

Comment

Leon and Karen Lungwitz show faith in WSU baseball by donating to Eck Stadium project

“We’re hoping people will get behind this now, to help propel the team back to its glory, rather than wait for it happen and then get on board,” Leon said. “We can help the program get there with this facility.”

Comment

I'm probably not going to donate to a fund for more facilities. The program doesn't need more facilities to get better. If it was a facilities competition, WSU would still be pounding the Valley like it was 1998.

Now, if there was a kickstarter for a new coach...

Comment

Think of it as helping WSU secure a top tier coach next go around. It will be one less hurdle they would have to deal with.

Comment

If a coach doesn't want to come to WSU because they think the facilities will hold them back, that coach ain't gonna get it done here anyway. It's still by far the best facilities in the league and among the best in the midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    If a coach doesn't want to come to WSU because they think the facilities will hold them back, that coach ain't gonna get it done here anyway. It's still by far the best facilities in the league and among the best in the midwest.
                    It's nice, but it ain't that nice. I am not sure players give a damn if the facility is on campus or rented next to campus. If so, da Bears and Braves got us beat. A new coach isn't going to want to have to complete a 3 million dollar fundraising campaign that is a decade old. It will be better to have the project finished, with new offices opening. Most importantly, you won't have to be the guy replacing Gene all while sitting at his old office. New coach needs to be able to come in, lay out his plan and vision, including facilities. Maybe new guy wants more suites, more outfield pavilions, more 3rd base seating, bigger video board, new 1st base side structure, baseball specific dorm in empty lot across from the stadium like KU just built for Basketball. etc, I don't know. Either way he won't be tasked with trying to fundraise in order complete Genes vision. It will be a clean slate.
                    Last edited by Shockerman; November 22, 2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                      It's nice, but it ain't that nice. I am not sure players give a damn if the facility is on campus or rented next to campus. If so, da Bears and Braves got us beat. A new coach isn't going to want to have to complete a 3 million dollar fundraising campaign that is a decade old. It will be better to have the project finished, with new offices opening. Most importantly, you won't have to be the guy replacing Gene all while sitting at his old office. New coach needs to be able to come in, lay out his plan and vision, including facilities. Maybe new guy wants more suites, more outfield pavilions, more 3rd base seating, bigger video board, new 1st base side structure, etc, I don't know. Either way he won't be tasked with trying to fundraise in order complete Genes vision. It will be a clean slate.
                      So, a new guy won't want to come in and finish a fundraiser, but he'd love to come in and start a new fundraiser?

I think I'm not articulating my point well enough. Screw fundraising. Screw 800 fancy alternate uniforms. And giant million dollar scoreboards. The program needs a coach that won't lose. Not just a guy that will win, but a guy that finds losing completely unacceptable, and won't find excuses for it.

Comment

So, a new guy won't want to come in and finish a fundraiser, but he'd love to come in and start a new fundraiser?

I think I'm not articulating my point well enough. Screw fundraising. Screw 800 fancy alternate uniforms. And giant million dollar scoreboards. The program needs a coach that won't lose. Not just a guy that will win, but a guy that finds losing completely unacceptable, and won't find excuses for it.
                        We agree on the same thing. I just think the new guy shouldn't be tasked with fundraising to complete Gene's vision. In fact we also agree, the new coach shouldn't have to waiste one second on facility fundraising, he will need to completely rebuild a dynasty from scratch. Now, I am also sure the new coach would have facilties he would eventually like to have or remodeled,, but from day one he will have everything he needs on campus to be a CWS contender, well except for a few key Jimmy and Joes.

Comment

slightly off topic... but I follow Coach Butler on Twitter and the majority of photos that show his family or friends all are wearing Arkansas gear. I understand the prior connection and love for the school, but you don't see Kellen or Lynn wearing Winthrop gear right now.

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            slightly off topic... but I follow Coach Butler on Twitter and the majority of photos that show his family or friends all are wearing Arkansas gear. I understand the prior connection and love for the school, but you don't see Kellen or Lynn wearing Winthrop gear right now.

thoughts?
                            Maybe they're Arkansas fans.

Who cares what interim coach Todd Butler's family wears???
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

The program needs a coach that won't lose. Not just a guy that will win, but a guy that finds losing completely unacceptable, and won't find excuses for it.
                              This times a million on so many levels.

Stated perfectly.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                              X