• Show
Clear All

• Gillaspie

3 run bomb carrying the Giants.

Way to represent Conor.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

So fun. There's a moment he'll always have regardless of how much longer he sticks around the league.

Comment

Can't stand the giants but will always love the the shockers! Gave me goosebumps! Good show Conor!

Comment

You can tell how special that was to Gillaspie. He's struggling to keep it together in these interviews.Crazy fun. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
          Can't stand the giants but will always love the the shockers! Gave me goosebumps! Good show Conor!
          +1, bleed. I root against the Giants, too (and the Mets, so one set of bad guys had to win), but if they're going to win anyway, it might as well be a Shocker who makes it happen. Conor had a fairly nondescript season and is kind of a marginal big leaguer at this point, but this was a highlight to remember forever no matter where he goes from here. Plus, it may get him some mileage come next spring.

Comment

Go Conor and Go Giants!

Come on all, you know you love the even year mysticism of the SF Giants!

Comment

Comment

Watching sports center this morning and when they were announcing the homerun he said Conor Gillespie Wichita State.

Comment

Awesome !

Comment

Lambo will be one happy dude today. Not only did his beloved Giants win but a former Shockers did the honors. Think he will be talking about that?

Comment

So great

Comment

A bit reminiscent of Joe Carter, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          A bit reminiscent of Joe Carter, no?
                          Somewhat, however Joe's was a walk-off homerun to win the World Series.

"Touch 'em all Joe..."

10/23/93: Longtime Blue Jays broadcaster Tom Cheek calls Joe Carter's epic home run to win the World SeriesCheck out http://m.mlb.com/video for our full arch...

Vin Scully Calls Joe Carter's World Series Winning Home Run

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            You can tell how special that was to Gillaspie. He's struggling to keep it together in these interviews.Crazy fun. Good for him.
                            Most definitely. According to an ESPN article I read, Conor says he has refocused himself with regard to baseball and his life priorities.

Conor never showed much emotion on the field, but he certainly let his emotions surface as he circled the bases Wednesday night. I'm really proud and glad for him. He was such an amazing, dedicated and focused student of hitting while he was at WSU. Having this moment as a hero has to lift his spirits a ton.

I don't know this for certain, but he may be the last link between #10, WSU and MLB.
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                              Most definitely. According to an ESPN article I read, Conor says he has refocused himself with regard to baseball and his life priorities.

Conor never showed much emotion on the field, but he certainly let his emotions surface as he circled the bases Wednesday night. I'm really proud and glad for him. He was such an amazing, dedicated and focused student of hitting while he was at WSU. Having this moment as a hero has to lift his spirits a ton.

I don't know this for certain, but he may be the last link between #10, WSU and MLB.
                              Pelfrey was still around this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X