2017 Shocker Baseball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Shocker Baseball Schedule

The 2017 Shocker Baseball schedule is out.

WICHITA, Kan. – The 2017 Wichita State baseball schedule features 19 games against 2016 NCAA Tournament teams along with 29 home games, head coach Todd Butler announced Oct. 4.

LSU series in Baton Rouge, Texas Tech series at the Eck, and home and home series with Oklahoma State, Kansas and K-State, plus road games at Oklahoma and Creighton highlight the non-conference schedule.

The Shocks first foray on the road will be tough with a 3-game series at La Tech, who went 2-2 in the Mississippi State regional last year and finsihed 42-20, a single game at Oklahoma, who had a down year last year at 30-27 and a 5th place Big 12 finish, and then a 3-game series at LSU.

The Shocks host SIU, Illinois State and Evansville and will travel to Bradley, Missouri State, Dallas Baptist and Indiana State in Valley play.

At first glance it looks like a tougher schedule away from home than at home overall.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 4, 2016, 02:32 PM.

3/3 - 3/21

@ La Tech
    @ La Tech
    @ La Tech
    @ Oklahoma
    @ LSU
    @ LSU
    @ LSU
    vs. Northern Colorado
    vs. Northern Colorado
    @ Cal Poly
    @ Cal Poly
    @ Cal Poly
    @ Oral Roberts

Whoa.

Comment

Hope we win those UNC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        3/3 - 3/21

@ La Tech
        @ La Tech
        @ La Tech
        @ Oklahoma
        @ LSU
        @ LSU
        @ LSU
        vs. Northern Colorado
        vs. Northern Colorado
        @ Cal Poly
        @ Cal Poly
        @ Cal Poly
        @ Oral Roberts

Whoa.
        Yipes! Stripes! Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We now all understand why Brent was fired... :)

Comment

Some weirdness in that first road trip: three at LaTech, then up to Oklahoma for one game, then back to LSU for three. Nice to play a name team in Oklahoma, but was there really no one closer to slip in between the games down on the bayou? And am I reading correctly -- is the OU game just a single roadie with no return at the Eck?

Either they really, really, really want to play OU, or they're getting a good check, or Marshall is letting them borrow his charter.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Some weirdness in that first road trip: three at LaTech, then up to Oklahoma for one game, then back to LSU for three. Nice to play a name team in Oklahoma, but was there really no one closer to slip in between the games down on the bayou? And am I reading correctly -- is the OU game just a single roadie with no return at the Eck?

Either they really, really, really want to play OU, or they're getting a good check, or Marshall is letting them borrow his charter.
              Isn't that what the Innovation and Technology campus is for?

Comment

You got to give Butler credit - he not going to be like some MVC basketball teams and schedule down to try and rack up useless wins to create the illusion of progress. The program will either be exposed or emerge as at-large possible team.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  3/3 - 3/21

@ La Tech
                  @ La Tech
                  @ La Tech
                  @ Oklahoma
                  @ LSU
                  @ LSU
                  @ LSU
                  vs. Northern Colorado
                  vs. Northern Colorado
                  @ Cal Poly
                  @ Cal Poly
                  @ Cal Poly
                  @ Oral Roberts

Whoa.
                  I'm seeing 3-10
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

It's a one game rotating series every year, just like Oklahoma State, just like Creighton. Nobody's buying anything.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      You got to give Butler credit - he not going to be like some MVC basketball teams and schedule down to try and rack up useless wins to create the illusion of progress. The program will either be exposed or emerge as at-large possible team.
                      Gotta give you credit with your continued optimism, just like with your Chiefs. "At large" and "WSU baseball" should be used more conservatively until proven otherwise.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Gotta give you credit with your continued optimism, just like with your Chiefs. "At large" and "WSU baseball" should be used more conservatively until proven otherwise.
                        I don't think his post is optimistic. It's realistic. With that schedule, one way or another, you will know what you have. Perhaps being exposed is 100x more likely. But it's better than the Marty Simmons approach. By the end of the year, we'll know for sure if things are better or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          I don't think his post is optimistic. It's realistic. With that schedule, one way or another, you will know what you have. Perhaps being exposed is 100x more likely. But it's better than the Marty Simmons approach. By the end of the year, we'll know for sure if things are better or not.
                          By the end of year 4 we'll know? Are we suuuure?

I guess theoretically he's right. So any team that has a few good teams on their schedule has a chance. The winning part might be tricky though.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            By the end of year 4 we'll know? Are we suuuure?

I guess theoretically he's right. So any team that has a few good teams on their schedule has a chance. The winning part might be tricky though.
                            I mean. I think most of us are already on the same page here. And I agree the winning part will be tricky. But I'm glad he's not going to rack up 30 wins against the Sisters of the Poor and dupe some AD into keeping him around. This schedule gives the opportunity (however difficult) to earn another year. Or to put up such an abysmal record pulling the trigger should be very straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              I mean. I think most of us are already on the same page here. And I agree the winning part will be tricky. But I'm glad he's not going to rack up 30 wins against the Sisters of the Poor and dupe some AD into keeping him around. This schedule gives the opportunity (however difficult) to earn another year. Or to put up such an abysmal record pulling the trigger should be very straightforward.
                              I think it is a dupe in the making. We know we will finish around .500 since the MVC should be way down again next year. Our RPI should be better with an improved schedule, win or lose. Net result, slight record improvement over last year but improved RPI and improved conference record. On paper it looks like improvement because we are losing to good teams. We all know the AD won't make any changes even if there is just the perception of improvement.

Comment

Working...
                              X