2016 Shocker Fall Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Shocker Fall Baseball

Paul Suellentrop and Shane Dennis talk Shocker baseball as fall practice begins Friday.

Are the Saturday and Sunday practices open to the public?
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

All Saturday and Sunday practices are open to the public

Comment

About 20 people here.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Pitching Struggles

Ive attended a couple of the scrimmages so far, and shocking enough the pitching has struggled. Lots of walks this weekend. On the bright side the SS Alex Jackson, and CF Jacob Katzfey have hit the ball well when I've attended. Hoping for a bright future. Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
            About 20 people here.
            I thought the roster was bigger than this. School has started, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              I thought the roster was bigger than this. School has started, right?
              I interpret to mean there are 20 spectators watching the practice.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                I interpret to mean there are 20 spectators watching the practice.
                Yes. But there is so little opportunity for humor in that interpretation.

Comment

Yes. But there is so little opportunity for humor in that interpretation.
                  That is true...

Comment

Since it's technically still the season of fall and I didn't think it deserved its own thread, baseball hired a new volunteer assistant with an interesting resume:

WICHITA, Kan. – Codey McElroy has been named the Volunteer Assistant Coach for the Wichita State baseball program, Head Coach Todd Butler announced Dec. 9.

Comment

"I'm very excited and thankful for the opportunity Coach Butler has given me to get my coaching career started at a school with such great tradition," McElroy said. "He and his staff have done a great job of recruiting and getting things going in the right direction since he's been here, and I can't wait to be part of the Shocker family."

WTF! Has shocker baseball been good in an alternate universe or something the last few years?
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

What a sad state things are in. Though judging from his listed bio, I'd be surprised if he's here more than 4 months.

Comment

What a sad state things are in. Though judging from his listed bio, I'd be surprised if he's here more than 4 months.
                          Volunteer assistants usually don't stay around more than a season, maybe 2. Most just can't afford it. As the young man says it's a chance to get his coaching career started which is essentially all these volunteer coaching assistant positions are really about. Perhaps a necessary paying your dues step to get into the club if college coaching is something you are wanting to pursue.

Not sure what people would expect the young man to say, but generally most of us don't start off by bad mouthing our new boss or our new employer.

I am not sure what a volunteer assistant's duties consist of but I doubt it is very glamorous stuff. At WSU that might involve being in the 1st base coaching box since HCTB prefers to stay in the dugout. That is probably more responsibility than most volunteer assistants get.

Last year we had a volunteer assistant (Mike Sirianni), a graduate manager (Bob Arens) and a student coach (Ray Ashford).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Not sure what people would expect the young man to say, but generally most of us don't start off by bad mouthing our new boss or our new employer.
                            What he said thanking HCTB for the opportunity and stating that he is excited to be part of the shocker family is fine. What I take issue with is the outright lie that Butler has been doing a great job. Either the poor SOB doesn't know the mess the program is in right now or he is studying to become a politician.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              What he said thanking HCTB for the opportunity and stating that he is excited to be part of the shocker family is fine. What I take issue with is the outright lie that Butler has been doing a great job. Either the poor SOB doesn't know the mess the program is in right now or he is studying to become a politician.
                              Or perhaps he is wanting to make sure he has properly greased the skids with his new boss in order to enhance his opportunities to actually do something constructive as a volunteer assistant which he hopes will lead to better opportunities for him in the near future. Just a thought.

I am not disagreeing with you that his statements don't reflect reality. I am just saying I am not surprised he made them even if he knows it is not totally accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X