Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Talking with Kunkel is strike one against the new coach
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      No, he's not. And it can backfire if it doesn't work out. But frankly, this program needs a whole lot more people breathing fire and ready to take names than the zero involved the past few years.
      Coach Steele only has a 1 year contract so probably doesn't matter what he says. If he can't produce he won't be around either way. I don't mind the confident approach. Some would say it is just positive thinking. Brent was big on positive thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        This is a storied program of whipping ass and taking names, I like the cut of his jib already.
        Here's hoping his jib is up to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Confidence indeed:

"Give us 4 to 5 runs a game and were going to win 40."

Perhaps more positive thinking than anything. Hopefully, it is not a false confidence or over confidence. In any case, Coach Steele is not afraid to put himself in the cross hairs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Coach Steele only has a 1 year contract so probably doesn't matter what he says. If he can't produce he won't be around either way. I don't mind the confident approach. Some would say it is just positive thinking. Brent was big on positive thinking.
            Agreed. No offense to Mr. Steele, but I'm happy with the 1 year contract. Succeed? Great, more contract. Don't? Well, it's time we started getting out from under the financial mess with the baseball program.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Agreed. No offense to Mr. Steele, but I'm happy with the 1 year contract. Succeed? Great, more contract. Don't? Well, it's time we started getting out from under the financial mess with the baseball program.
              To bad we didn't take more of the same approach when replacing Gene.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                It is in the article but I do not believe it has been raised on here - the contract length is 1 year for $100k.
                That really is a shot across the bow at Butler, one would assume. Great get, but I'm still shocked the guy is giving up a roughly equivalent job and uprooting his family across the country for those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  That really is a shot across the bow at Butler, one would assume. Great get, but I'm still shocked the guy is giving up a roughly equivalent job and uprooting his family across the country for those terms.
                  I believe a lot of assistant coaches at many schools, in many sports are on 1 year contracts.

Comment

Let's face it. It's at least a 3 year contract. He ain't going anywhere for a while.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe, but not really a natural recruiting area for the Shocks. Going from SoCal to Wichita is both a culture and weather Shock. Not sure how many California kids we have had over the years but I don't think it qualifies as a plethora. I think Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado will remain our bread and butter. Coach Steele only spent 2 seasons at LBSU so not sure how much of a network he would have built up. I don't think that will be much, if any, of a factor.
                      sure, but Colorado is the #1 destination for people in California leaving the state. Its colder than in KS, albeit slightly prettier.

Comment

Confidence indeed:

"Give us 4 to 5 runs a game and were going to win 40."

Perhaps more positive thinking than anything. Hopefully, it is not a false confidence or over confidence. In any case, Coach Steele is not afraid to put himself in the cross hairs.
                        I'd rather a guy come in spewing confidence, even if it's fake or a little overboard, and saying stuff like, "We're going to win 40" than a guy who walks in and says: "Eh I'm not sure how we'll do. Time will tell." Even if he fails and the staff is horrendous next year you have to give the guy credit for being excited for the task.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Let's face it. It's at least a 3 year contract. He ain't going anywhere for a while.
                        If Butler gets canned after next year, he won't be sticking around. That's for sure. It's probably a 1 year deal with a school option or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Yeah, I agree. I wonder if the one year is for some reason based on the year remaining on BK's contract?

Comment

While I like the fire displayed in the interview, it seems to downplay BK's talents. Cut in half just by watching film? Imply the staff had no structure under BK? Maybe I missed it, but this seems to say BK gave up...

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                              sure, but Colorado is the #1 destination for people in California leaving the state. Its colder than in KS, albeit slightly prettier.
                              About 4 degrees different between my home and Boulder Colorado
                              Great Bend, KS Boulder, CO
                              Min Max Avg Min Max Avg
                              Year 40 67.9 54 36.5 65.2 50.9
                              January 15.1 40.9 28 19.2 45.7 32.5
                              February 19.3 47.3 33.3 22.5 49.1 35.8
                              March 28.1 56.7 42.4 27.7 55.8 41.8
                              April 37.9 66.9 52.4 33.9 62.7 48.3
                              May 49.8 76.3 63.1 42 71.7 56.9
                              June 60.2 87.4 73.8 50.5 82.2 66.4
                              July 65.4 93.8 79.6 55.9 87.2 71.6
                              August 63.2 91.7 77.5 55 85 70
                              September 53.9 83.2 68.6 46.8 77.4 62.1
                              October 40.8 71.7 56.3 37.1 66.7 51.9
                              November 27.3 54.8 41.1 26.8 52.6 39.7
                              December 18.9 44.2 31.6 20.6 46.1 33.4
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                About 4 degrees different between my home and Boulder Colorado
                                Great Bend, KS Boulder, CO
                                Min Max Avg Min Max Avg
                                Year 40 67.9 54 36.5 65.2 50.9
                                January 15.1 40.9 28 19.2 45.7 32.5
                                February 19.3 47.3 33.3 22.5 49.1 35.8
                                March 28.1 56.7 42.4 27.7 55.8 41.8
                                April 37.9 66.9 52.4 33.9 62.7 48.3
                                May 49.8 76.3 63.1 42 71.7 56.9
                                June 60.2 87.4 73.8 50.5 82.2 66.4
                                July 65.4 93.8 79.6 55.9 87.2 71.6
                                August 63.2 91.7 77.5 55 85 70
                                September 53.9 83.2 68.6 46.8 77.4 62.1
                                October 40.8 71.7 56.3 37.1 66.7 51.9
                                November 27.3 54.8 41.1 26.8 52.6 39.7
                                December 18.9 44.2 31.6 20.6 46.1 33.4
                                Average dewpoint and humidity just might be relevant additional information there. I'd trade the typical atmospheric conditions (meaning, nothing to do with views or recreational opportunities) of Boulder with Wichita without even stopping to think about it. I bet you could go outside anytime in the next three months in Boulder weather and actually enjoy an outdoor activity, as compared to soaking through all your clothes on the way to and from the mailbox here in Durrrr-Dah.

*This tangent brought to you by im4wsu, and my severe dislike of summers in Kansas.

Comment

Working...
                                X