Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Reasons to Attend WSU Baseball games in 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Reasons to Attend WSU Baseball games in 2017.

1. No competition for picking up souvenir foul balls.
    2. Your choice of thousands of seating locations.
    3. No long lines at concession stands.
    4. No boring pitching duels.
    5. It's a great outing for the visually impaired.
    6. The big scoreboard is REALLY NEAT!
    7. From the top of the grandstand you can check out the progress on the Innovation Campus.
    8. On nice spring days, it's a great place to take a nap.
    9. You can yell at the umpires and know they can hear you.
    10. Great view of 21st Street.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

I'm in a lot of agreement except for #3.

I will never purchase anything from a WSU concession stand again. They finally priced me out. I'm not cheap by any means but when they pull a 12 cent wiener and put it on a 5 cent bun and charge $5 for it, I'd rather just suck back on my own saliva. The amount of gouging being done there is beyond criminal. I now just laugh at the poor suckers who actually buy concession items. I mean an MLB game I somewhat understand the price gouging. But at a freaking college baseball game? My boycott began last year. 2014 was my last concession purchase at a WSU basketball game. Thankfully there were no temptations this year at Eck since I didn't attend one game for the first time in memory.

Eff that BS.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I'm not cheap by any means but when they pull a 12 cent wiener and put it on a 5 cent bun and charge $5 for it, I'd rather just suck back on my own saliva.
      CLASSIC, Fev! :highly_amused:

Comment

2 Reasons why I will not attend a game, including alumni functions into the foreseeable future:

1) They failed to take me up on my offer to renew my season tickets at the 2015 price.

2) As Fever alluded to in his post, I grew tired of buying $5 bottled water, especially since the water fountains on the north side of the concourse restroom were inoperable the entirety of the 2015 season. I even e-mailed to notify the Athletic Department of the issue.

I can wait a few more years and then renew when there is hope.

Go Shocks!
        Last edited by DUShock; June 20, 2016, 08:55 PM. Reason: Their/there
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I can't remember when those drinking fountains ever worked; it's been years! I also refuse to buy food at the Eck. It's not only over-priced, it's inedible. The bag check there is non-existent, so I bring my own food and drinks in.
          And the food at Koch is not any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
            I can't remember when those drinking fountains ever worked; it's been years! I also refuse to buy food at the Eck. It's not only over-priced, it's inedible. The bag check there is non-existent, so I bring my own food and drinks in.
            And the food at Koch is not any better.
            There are 2 drinking fountains that usually work. The rest of them haven't for a long time.

Comment

I'm in a lot of agreement except for #3.

I will never purchase anything from a WSU concession stand again. They finally priced me out. I'm not cheap by any means but when they pull a 12 cent wiener and put it on a 5 cent bun and charge $5 for it, I'd rather just suck back on my own saliva. The amount of gouging being done there is beyond criminal. I now just laugh at the poor suckers who actually buy concession items. I mean an MLB game I somewhat understand the price gouging. But at a freaking college baseball game? My boycott began last year. 2014 was my last concession purchase at a WSU basketball game. Thankfully there were no temptations this year at Eck since I didn't attend one game for the first time in memory.

Eff that BS.
              Really?? I do believe purchasing from the concession goes to support our alma mater. If no one buys anything, then I would imagine they would just raise ticket prices. I mean you donate money to SASO right? Just look at buying concessions as a donation, but you get a sometimes nasty dog as a bonus treat.

I just dont understand that attitude. We love our shockers and I will do anything to support them with my wallet. I even spent extra money for a WSU tag on my vehicle. I didnt complain because it cost extra, I was happy.
              Just my opinions =)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                Really?? I do believe purchasing from the concession goes to support our alma mater. If no one buys anything, then I would imagine they would just raise ticket prices. I mean you donate money to SASO right? Just look at buying concessions as a donation, but you get a sometimes nasty dog as a bonus treat.

I just dont understand that attitude. We love our shockers and I will do anything to support them with my wallet. I even spent extra money for a WSU tag on my vehicle. I didnt complain because it cost extra, I was happy.
                Just my opinions =)
                Yah really.

A reasonable markup in the concessions is a win for both parties. If hot dogs were around $2 a pop, WSU still has a huge margin and is making money and I wouldn't feel like I was getting bent over from behind. And that's the issue.

I don't think you wanna question my or anyone's donations to the university. I feel like I'm giving an adequate amount to the university as is. And I feel that pinch especially hard at about this time of year.

I don't think it's very unreasonable to boycott a place that's marking everything up 500% to make extra capital on its already supporting base. I mean does a bottle of water, a basic life necessity, really need to be sold at $4 a bottle, when for that same $4 I can get a package of 72 at Dillons? They could charge $1 a bottle and still bank an insane amount of money.

By your line of thinking, when would you say enough was enough? $10 a bottle? But hey, it's still a donation so don't complain.

Gimme a break. It's gouging at the fullest extent and I'm not gonna succumb to it. Sorry.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yah really.

A reasonable markup in the concessions is a win for both parties. If hot dogs were around $2 a pop, WSU still has a huge margin and is making money and I wouldn't feel like I was getting bent over from behind. And that's the issue.
                  The sad part is most of the $$$ doesn't flow toward WSU anyway. The concessionaire is trying to make serious bank although WSU is not exempt from blame - they have to approve the 3rd party pricing.

The current concession situation is a lose-lose for the fans and WSU.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Yah really.

I don't think you wanna question my or anyone's donations to the university. I feel like I'm giving an adequate amount to the university as is. And I feel that pinch especially hard at about this time of year.

I don't think it's very unreasonable to boycott a place that's marking everything up 500% to make extra capital on its already supporting base. I mean does a bottle of water, a basic life necessity, really need to be sold at $4 a bottle, when for that same $4 I can get a package of 72 at Dillons? They could charge $1 a bottle and still bank an insane amount of money.

By your line of thinking, when would you say enough was enough? $10 a bottle? But hey, it's still a donation so don't complain.

Gimme a break. It's gouging at the fullest extent and I'm not gonna succumb to it. Sorry.
                    I definitely agree you on this. WSU should be very aware that there is a large number of donors that stretch to reach the very best SASO level that is prudent for their family. There is also those who cannot afford much at all. Many of those people try to catch some games and get it in the backside for their efforts of trying to see that their family has a good experience at the ballpark with some concessions.

I believe @Shocker85: is correct as well.

I don't believe that gouging the Wichita fans of WSU is part of the vision that Dr. Bardo has in mind.

Comment

Just thought I'd share this.

Now this is a brand new stadium that will be hosting NFL games, MLS games, BCS football games, and Final Fours. Are you KIDDING me? Do you think they're not gonna make any money on this? Of course not. Because their margins are still over 100%.

This just proves how astronomically high things have become in the world of concession land. Losing college baseball programs charging 700% markup on concessions; supposedly money-eager MAJOR LEAGUE sports franchises where you're expected to get it handed to you even out the playing field.

Bravo Atlanta.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Just thought I'd share this.

Now this is a brand new stadium that will be hosting NFL games, MLS games, BCS football games, and Final Fours. Are you KIDDING me? Do you think they're not gonna make any money on this? Of course not. Because their margins are still over 100%.

This just proves how astronomically high things have become in the world of concession land. Losing college baseball programs charging 700% markup on concessions; supposedly money-eager MAJOR LEAGUE sports franchises where you're expected to get it handed to you even out the playing field.

Bravo Atlanta.
                        Cool story. I hope this is the future of concessions everywhere. They might find that they make more money off of concessions simply because of the increased volume. As it is, when we go to events, we eat before and after, if concession prices weren't outrageous, we'd eat there.

On an aside, my nephew was signed by the Falcons, I may visit that stadium next year!
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                        X