Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent Kemnitz steps down

End of an era:

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State baseball pitching coach Brent Kemnitz, who has been on the Shocker staff since 1979, has stepped down from his coaching position and is in discussions about reassignment in the athletic department.
    WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State baseball pitching coach Brent Kemnitz, who has been on the Shocker staff since 1979, has stepped down from his coaching position and is in discussions about reassignment in the athletic department.

Shocker. It looks like he might get a job in the Athletic Department. Funny IAD Todd Boatright wouldn't have know anything about this. :)

Comment

If he is hired as AD and fires Butler I would literally die of laughter .
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        If he is hired as AD and fires Butler I would literally die of laughter .
        Terribly unlikely, but hilarious nonetheless.

Thanks a million for your services Mr. Kemnitz! It was a great ride, and I'm sorry it ends on this note for you!

Comment

So, we've decided to get rid of one of the indisputably best baseball coaches in the country and now one of the best pitching coaches in the country, but by golly this coach with a .505 career win percentage is definitely gonna be awesome!!!!

Maybe we do belong in the MVC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            So, we've decided to get rid of one of the indisputably best baseball coaches in the country and now one of the best pitching coaches in the country, but by golly this coach with a .505 career win percentage is definitely gonna be awesome!!!!

Maybe we do belong in the MVC.
            Please back away from the ledge...
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Please back away from the ledge...
              I'd appreciate it if people would quit pushing me towards it.

Comment

Why do I think this was a negotiated "step down" by Brent made in order to put the best spin on the situation. WSU was stuck with Brent's salary for the next 2 years one way or the other. So he steps down, is "re-assigned", gets an office to hang around in and maybe do a little radio while he gets to relax and see what happens over the next 2 years or so. Who knows, if things don't get markedly better for the Shockers over the next two years (and the odds are they won't) Brent might be available to return as pitching coach on a Kevin Hooper or Mark Standiford staff.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Why do I think this was a negotiated "step down" by Brent made in order to put the best spin on the situation. WSU was stuck with Brent's salary for the next 2 years one way or the other. So he steps down, is "re-assigned", gets an office to hang around in and maybe do a little radio while he gets to relax and see what happens over the next 2 years or so. Who knows, if things don't get markedly better for the Shockers over the next two years (and the odds are they won't) Brent might be available to return as pitching coach on a Kevin Hooper or Mark Standiford staff.
                  Well, I wouldn't wait to long or all those trains, Kemnitz, Hooper, and Standiford, may have left the station by that time.

Comment

Thanks for many years of service to what once was the best baseball program.

Comment

10 of our 14 incoming recruits are pitchers. Now, in the Butler regime, it is hard to know how much Brent had to do with recruiting these young men but it will be interesting to see if we have any defections.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        Well, I wouldn't wait to long or all those trains, Kemnitz, Hooper, and Standiford, may have left the station by that time.
                        I agree Hooper and Standiford are moving parts but this should lock Kemnitz in place for the next two years unless he is willing to give up his salary from WSU to accept a coaching position for whatever another school is willing to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I think Brent is glad to cut ties to the dumpster fire. At least he cannot be the scapegoat anymore. It is all Butler's baby now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                            I think Brent is glad to cut ties to the dumpster fire.
                            I would think so.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                              . Another sad day in Shocker Country.
                              :fatigue:

Comment

Working...
                              X