Draft Prospects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Prospects?

Anyone know if there are any players being looked at for this year's draft?

lol
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe Willie Shwanke and Sam Tewes assuming their injuries over the past two seasons don't scare teams away. Good chance someone will take a chance on them but I don't see them being offered much of a signing bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Maybe Willie Shwanke and Sam Tewes assuming their injuries over the past two seasons don't scare teams away. Good chance someone will take a chance on them but I don't see them being offered much of a signing bonus.
        I agree, but I expect both of them will go if they get drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
          I agree, but I expect both of them will go if they get drafted.
          That would be my expectation as well.

Comment

I would not be totally surprised if Chase Williams and John Hayes also were drafted based solely on their arms and size. Again they won't be offered much of a signing bonus, probably the $5,000 minimum. But someone might be willing to take a chance they can teach them how to pitch.

Comment

I would be surprised with Tewes, he hasn't pitched even a half a season of college ball and summer ball..who knows. What about Mucha, Cody Tyler, Chase Radar (poor guy, you know he's kicking himself to China he didn't go out of Juco ball)

Comment

On another note...it will be interesting who leaves after this year...I wonder if Sanagorski stays another year

Comment

Lots of Johnny Coy's on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by strongisbeautiful17 View Post
                    I would be surprised with Tewes, he hasn't pitched even a half a season of college ball and summer ball..who knows.
                    IIRC Todd Butler made the comment (on his radio show I think) that he expected that Sam would move on to pro-ball. In the most recent Eagle article about Sam he expected his rehab would extend beyond 12 months. As you say who knows for sure whether he will be selected in the draft. Even if he is drafted he would have the option of continuing his rehab in the pros or back at Wichita State although hard to say how much quality work the would be able to give the Shocks next season.

Cleary Sam and Willie would be drafted primarily on potential vs actual performance at the college level. Same for Chase Williams and John Hayes. Willie probably has the best shot at being drafted. I would not be surprised if Sam, Chase and John are drafted in the later rounds, but it would also not surprise me if they go un-drafted.

I would be a little surprised if Mucha, Tyler, Rader and Tinkham get drafted but it's not impossible.

The one thing I think is safe to say is that, if drafted, none of these guys will command much of a signing bonus especially the guys who are out of college eligibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X