No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps they should know the truth. This was a once-proud program. Now some folks want to mute anyone that isn't OK with a .400 record because some recruit might not like it. Get real. The only impressive thing left is that there are some fans left that care enough to stick with it and complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
      WRONG, recruits that come in as freshman are signed in November of previous year.
      So, 1. Sam Tewes. One of 2 good pitchers in the Butler era. Also, recruited by not Butler.

He also had 5 in the 3 year period preceding his departure, since you seem interested in counting.
      Last edited by Cdizzle; June 9, 2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• I hope the ship gets righted and soon.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          I hope the ship gets righted and soon.
          I think the ship to help right the ship has sailed, so to speak. At least for this year.

Comment

You'll never eat your own words you'll just continue to piss and moan.

I want to make myself very clear.

THERE ARE PARENTS OF PLAYERS AND RECRUITS THAT READ THIS BOARD AND WHAT IS SAID ON THIS OR ANY BOARD AFFECTS IF RECRUITS COME TO WSU.

Play at you own risk.
            Well maybe if there was a bunch of wins to throw around, Butler wouldn't need to resort to message boards for recruiting purposes.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Perhaps they should know the truth. This was a once-proud program. Now some folks want to mute anyone that isn't OK with a .400 record because some recruit might not like it. Get real. The only impressive thing left is that there are some fans left that care enough to stick with it and complain.
              I don't think that anyone will argue that you are certainly one that will complain, my man.

May I be so bold as to suggest that you actually support what you currently have in front of you.....rather than attempt to completely tear it all down. We get it, you're not happy. We get it, you don't care for Butler. We get it, you love Gene. We get it, you've pointed out on numerous posts that our record isn't what we expect it to be. We fn get it. But know that these players (these kids!) are trying their hardest and by you putting Butler down and by you putting the entire organization down....you are putting these kids down. Why would a recruit want to be subject to such hatred that you are encouraging on this forum all while you sit anonymously behind a computer? Yeah, our program has had an incredible, incredible run over the last 30-40 years. Yes, the last few years have been very, very tough especially for peeps like you that are so very loyal to the program. Without loyal fans like you, this program wouldn't exist. But, dude, the constant spewing of hatred is not going to fix things. Your hatred will only encourage more hatred and that will only damage an already hurting program.

Listen, I'm not the biggest Butler fan right now either; but he is our coach for 2016-2017 and I for one will be supporting him, the players and the program this upcoming season!

Comment

No excuse train at all. I was pointing out facts. Butler will win here if given two years with his choice for pitching coach but he will NEVER be allowed to SUCCEED because it very rarely works out for the coach following a legend and fans romantic attachment to the bygone glory days.

Kemnitz was a package deal. WSU had the DBU coach not interview because of the package deal.

I knew I would get the keyboard Cowboys fired up with my comments.

I noticed you didn't retort the 3 Frosh All American comments.
                You cannot use the WSU/Kemnitz package deal as an excuse, much less a fact.

First, Butler accepted the deal and that buck stops at his doorstep.

Second, while it may very well have been "coach speak", he said: "I have great confidence in Brent Kemnitz, one of the best pitching coaches in the country. The stability he brings is a plus, and it gives me confidence in knowing I can lean on him in the transition."

Third, Kemnitz reputation as a long time successful pitching coach versus Butler's short time (including prior to WSU) lack of success as a head coach implies (not fact) who caused the pitching problem that's WSU has never come close to seeing before Butler.

Comment

• I would think any parents reading this board would be already questioning sending their kid to WSU over Butler's current performance, but maybe the fact that the board is very disappointed in Butler and calling for a change might help them to see that the tradition is not dead yet...even though he's trying hard to kill it. The board spewing negativity about a sub 500 coach who was brought in to replace a legend seems like a natural response, in my opinion. This is not a charity job meant to help a guy build his career. This is a good job that requires results. If you want to play around and see if you have what it takes, try taking a job at Loyola instead.

Comment

The funny thing about this whole thread is 99.9999% of people on here can do nothing about what happens with the baseball program except "*****"

Butler is a great recruiter and the proof is 3 Freshman All-Americans. His first year at WSU is written off because of timing of hire and he had to deal with most recruits that were signs the previous November. Butlers second year was shrouded in NCAA penalties because of a rogue secretary with the previous staff. I'm sure she was loyal to Gene and Kemnitz and didn't care what her actions caused to the program you all love. He will get his guys in here and will be successful.

Quoting "he was even give Kemnitz and he screwed that up". Butler deserves to succeed or fail with his choice of coaches not someone that still has ties to the past. Kemnitz is probably a good coach but when you have been somewhere for 38 years some times you just need new blood, a change and new energy.
                    I believe her actions took place before Butler's hiring and before Gene was let go: February 2012 through November 2013 with Gene let go in June 2013. So, I'm guessing that she did care.

Note on both my last posts: I was in agreement that Gene needed to go and was a backer of Butler, said so here, and had told him so personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      I would think any parents reading this board would be already questioning sending their kid to WSU over Butler's current performance, but maybe the fact that the board is very disappointed in Butler and calling for a change might help them to see that the tradition is not dead yet...even though he's trying hard to kill it. The board spewing negativity about a sub 500 coach who was brought in to replace a legend seems like a natural response, in my opinion. This is not a charity job meant to help a guy build his career. This is a good job that requires results. If you want to play around and see if you have what it takes, try taking a job at Loyola instead.
                      Good points......but I'll respectfully disagree that Butler (or any coach) trys to kill a program.

Comment

• I'm not much of a baseball guy, but when was Butler hired?
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          I'm not much of a baseball guy, but when was Butler hired?
                          Mid June 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                            I'm not much of a baseball guy, but when was Butler hired?
                            June of 2013. So he has been the coach for the 2014, 2015, and 2016 editions of Shocker Baseball.

Comment

• Thanks guys...now look at FutureShockerDad's join date...
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

You'll never eat your own words you'll just continue to piss and moan.

I want to make myself very clear.

THERE ARE PARENTS OF PLAYERS AND RECRUITS THAT READ THIS BOARD AND WHAT IS SAID ON THIS OR ANY BOARD AFFECTS IF RECRUITS COME TO WSU.

Play at you own risk.
                                Come on bro, that's not fair. Any recruit is welcome to go to another Valley or regional school that doesn't care about Baseball. In Wichita we care, we care a lot. We want to compete at the national level and desperately want to get back to Omaha. People are not happy with Butler because we have gone backwards for 3 straight years including this last one which was our worst baseball record ever. Butler is being paid a lot of money to run the program into the ground. He is the man in charge of it and there is zero hope for the future and zero excitement around the program right now. Of course we will support him next year but if a player skips out on coming here because the fans want and demand championship baseball, so be it. Trying to follow a Legend is one of the hardest things in sports, however it is hard to feel hard for a guy who is being paid handsomely to take a crack it. If he fails, he walks away from here in a much better financial position and can go be a top assistant again for an SEC school. We get left with a lost decade of baseball at a time when the college game is at its all time high in popularity.

Comment

Working...
                                X