Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
    It's just embarrassing. A decent man would have enough pride to understand his failure
    WSU baseball was built from the ground up. This loser was given great tradition, a winning program, a great stadium & a practice facility that should allow him to overcome the doldrums of winter. He was even provided Kemnitz & he screwed that up. And his checks are probably direct deposited so he can avoid the embarrassment of cashing them for his utter futility.
    The winter thing applied to WSU baseball has always been so weird to me. The differences in our winters as opposed to say Stillwater's or Fayetteville's are absolutely minuscule.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      While that may be what we NEED to do, it appears to be clear that HCTB will be here for AT LEAST one more year.
      "At Least" is the key here. With a new pitching coach coming in he will get at least 1 more year but likely 2. This will be done so that the next pool of candidates will not be scared off because the previous guy got run off after only 3 years. A winning record next year, likely gets him a 5th year, a regional/Valley Title appearnace would make it a lock. My suggestion is to take a bite of the **** sandwich and enjoy it, because it's all we will have until 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
        My suggestion is to take a bite of the **** sandwich and enjoy it, because it's all we will have until 2018.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
          "At Least" is the key here. With a new pitching coach coming in he will get at least 1 more year but likely 2. This will be done so that the next pool of candidates will not be scared off because the previous guy got run off after only 3 years. A winning record next year, likely gets him a 5th year, a regional/Valley Title appearnace would make it a lock. My suggestion is to take a bite of the **** sandwich and enjoy it, because it's all we will have until 2018.
          What will tell the tale ultimately will be ticket sales. We know actual home attendance was terrible this past season but reported paid attendance was around 2,200 per home game. Clearly that reported attendance was padded with season ticket sales to parties (discounted corporate sales?) who had little interest in actually attending the games. How many of those seats will be renewed next year?

However, the important number will be total revenues not number of tickets sold. My expectation is that they will have to have a fire sale next year to entice many buyers and even that may not do the trick. Either way a big revenue hit may be coming.

If revenues fall far enough it could force the AD's hand to move sooner rather than later although there is no assurance that would happen especially if the interim tag is still attached to the AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
            It's just embarrassing. A decent man would have enough pride to understand his failure
            WSU baseball was built from the ground up. This loser was given great tradition, a winning program, a great stadium & a practice facility that should allow him to overcome the doldrums of winter. He was even provided Kemnitz & he screwed that up. And his checks are probably direct deposited so he can avoid the embarrassment of cashing them for his utter futility.
            The funny thing about this whole thread is 99.9999% of people on here can do nothing about what happens with the baseball program except "*****"

Butler is a great recruiter and the proof is 3 Freshman All-Americans. His first year at WSU is written off because of timing of hire and he had to deal with most recruits that were signs the previous November. Butlers second year was shrouded in NCAA penalties because of a rogue secretary with the previous staff. I'm sure she was loyal to Gene and Kemnitz and didn't care what her actions caused to the program you all love. He will get his guys in here and will be successful.

Quoting "he was even give Kemnitz and he screwed that up". Butler deserves to succeed or fail with his choice of coaches not someone that still has ties to the past. Kemnitz is probably a good coach but when you have been somewhere for 38 years some times you just need new blood, a change and new energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
              The funny thing about this whole thread is 99.9999% of people on here can do nothing about what happens with the baseball program except "*****"
              And not buy tickets.

Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
              His first year at WSU is written off because of timing of hire and he had to deal with most recruits that were signs the previous November.
              His first year was by far his most successful at WSU. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, as I've already made mine clear.

Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
              Quoting "he was even give Kemnitz and he screwed that up". Butler deserves to succeed or fail with his choice of coaches not someone that still has ties to the past. Kemnitz is probably a good coach but when you have been somewhere for 38 years some times you just need new blood, a change and new energy.
              Kemintz is "probably" a good coach? Seriously? WSU was "probably" a good baseball team one time. Butler failed with his choice of coaches. He signed the contract. He agreed that Kemnitz should be his pitching coach, even calling him "the best in the country" in an article I read just the other day.

Unbelievable the number of people riding the excuse-train.

Comment

• 168 - 181
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  And not buy tickets.

His first year was by far his most successful at WSU. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, as I've already made mine clear.

Kemintz is "probably" a good coach? Seriously? WSU was "probably" a good baseball team one time. Butler failed with his choice of coaches. He signed the contract. He agreed that Kemnitz should be his pitching coach, even calling him "the best in the country" in an article I read just the other day.

Unbelievable the number of people riding the excuse-train.
                  No excuse train at all. I was pointing out facts. Butler will win here if given two years with his choice for pitching coach but he will NEVER be allowed to SUCCEED because it very rarely works out for the coach following a legend and fans romantic attachment to the bygone glory days.

Kemnitz was a package deal. WSU had the DBU coach not interview because of the package deal.

I knew I would get the keyboard Cowboys fired up with my comments.

I noticed you didn't retort the 3 Frosh All American comments.
                  Last edited by FutureShockerDad; June 9, 2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    168 - 181
                    This is an honest and factual retort to my post and I appreciate it.

Comment

I noticed you didn't retort the 3 Frosh All American comments.
                      Sure I did, it's a boxcar on the train you're riding. You'd think with 3 Frosh All-Americans (in 3 years, btw), the team would've flirted with at least .500. But, nay. So Valley. "Hey, we lost the league by 10 games but at least we had 2 guys on the first team!"

I really can't help it that you're friends with the coach, talked him up a bunch for 3 years, and have a .489 win pct. backing you up at this point. Maybe Butler gets it turned around someday. I don't think we can afford to wait and see, but maybe he does. At which point I'll eat what I've thrown. But at this point, it's probably the folks like yourself who have spewed unsubstantiated crap for 3 years that should be eating your words.
                      Last edited by Cdizzle; June 9, 2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Sure I did, it's a boxcar on the train you're riding. You'd think with 3 Frosh All-Americans (in 3 years, btw), the team would've flirted with at least .500. But, nay. So Valley. "Hey, we lost the league by 10 games but at least we had 2 guys on the first team!"
                        How many freshman all Americans in Genes last class that was Butlers first class that Butler had to take?

If you take an honest look at recruiting the freshman class that played in 2016 had more talent than the previous class and the one before that. It will only build from there.

Comment

How many freshman all Americans in Genes last class that was Butlers first class that Butler had to take?
                          You mean the one that won the most games in Butler's tenure?

I really don't think you want to get in a "Let's compare Butler against Stephenson" shouting match. It won't end well for your boy.

Comment

Ooh, ooh, ooh - I know the answer!

0 - because there were zero recruits signed for the next year when TB took over. All the recruits were TB.

Comment

I really can't help it that you're friends with the coach, talked him up a bunch for 3 years, and have a .489 win pct. backing you up at this point. Maybe Butler gets it turned around someday. I don't think we can afford to wait and see, but maybe he does. At which point I'll eat what I've thrown. But at this point, it's probably the folks like yourself who have spewed unsubstantiated crap for 3 years that should be eating your words.
                              You'll never eat your own words you'll just continue to piss and moan.

I want to make myself very clear.

THERE ARE PARENTS OF PLAYERS AND RECRUITS THAT READ THIS BOARD AND WHAT IS SAID ON THIS OR ANY BOARD AFFECTS IF RECRUITS COME TO WSU.

Play at you own risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Ooh, ooh, ooh - I know the answer!

0 - because there were zero recruits signed for the next year when TB took over. All the recruits were TB.
                                WRONG, recruits that come in as freshman are signed in November of previous year.

Comment

Working...
                                X